It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

7 1/2 wks after m/c, no period, pos preg test

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-27-2006, 12:02 PM   #1
pradasweets1983
(female)

pradasweets1983 HB User
7 1/2 wks after m/c, no period, pos preg test

I had a miscarriage at the beginning of june..... it was natural, I bled for only 4 days, I have been waiting for my first period..but nothing and no signs of it. It's been 7 1/2 weeks. I did research last night and some have said that it would come anywhere from 3-8 wks. This morning for the heck of it I took a test and it is positive. I am very confused because I have not had a period, how is this possible? could there still be Hcg in my blood from the miscarriage, but I'm not so sure about that. If I am preg, could my baby make it? I wish now that I had not taken the test today cause now all I will be doing is thinking about this and I have a lot to do. Can a test show up pos but really be neg? I have no real symptoms of being preg. or period like symp.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2006, 12:51 PM   #2
Sweet73
(female)

Sweet73 HB User
Re: 7 1/2 wks after m/c, no period, pos preg test

Hey Prada,
Sorry to hear about your loss, if I were you I would call my Dr right away & ask these questions, I am learning that anything is possible.
Is it possible that you are pregnant? Yes, definately... if you have been having unprotected sex, you could have ovulated & gotten pg, and that COULD be why you have yet to get your period... But there may also be a chance if you M/C naturally that there is still some small amount of tissue still inside of you, keeping your levels from going to 0.
I had a D&C 2wks, 1 day ago & I still test positive on a pregnancy test! No, I am not pregnant.. it is just taking some time to get to 0. My Dr told me at my follow up on Tues that it should go to 0 in another week to 10 days based on the fact that my hcg was still at 1400.
How pregnant were you?
Definately call you Dr & make an appt. Let us know how you are doing..
Take care,
-Sweet

Old 07-27-2006, 03:00 PM   #3
pradasweets1983
(female)

pradasweets1983 HB User

Hey sweet-
I was only 7 weeks along. I did call my dr. and talked to his nurse today after I wrote this thread, and she said that the day I had my m/c, on june 6th, my levels of HCG was only 88, which is very low. And that was almost 8 wks ago, so she said that the chances of the test saying this was a new baby was very high. I am going in for an apt on Aug 1st this next tues. I am not getting my hopes up because I am trying to protect my heart. 2 wks after my m/c I felt as though I was ovulating but before that clued in, my husband and i had in the heat of the moment sex ( no- Protection) and it had been a little while for my husband with no release, so his sperm ct could have been high. I had all the signs of ovulation then ...more sexual feelings than usual, whitish discharge..I even wrote a thread questioning when I sould get my period after that.The next day I called the doc to see if it was possible that I was ovulating so soon she said yes. I was like oh crap I hope we don't get pregnant from that night..and now I could be. But yes there is a shield up.

I am so sorry for your loss as well. Having a m/c..(this was my second) is the hardest thing I have ever delt with.

Thank you for responding back.---Jess

Last edited by pradasweets1983; 07-27-2006 at 03:02 PM.

Old 07-27-2006, 03:15 PM   #4
Sweet73
(female)

Sweet73 HB User

Hi again... Well this sounds like you are pregnant! I was not sure what your circumstances were, I was 8wks & my hcg level was 68,000!
Just to let you know what my dr said.. because of course I asked a million questions
He wanted me to wait 2 periods before trying again. I asked why? He said, thats just what I like my patients to wait... I said is there a higher risk of having a m/c if we decide not to wait? He said NO. He just advises 2 periods so your body can get back to normal, but the chance of having a m/c if you do not wait are exactly the same as if you do, 20%. I would definately do the best you can to relax, see what happens at your next dr visit, and if you are pregnant... Congrats! Wishing you lots of healthy, sticky baby dust!

P.S. my girlfried had a m/c at 7 weeks, it came out naturally without a D&C, she also got pregnant straight away without ever getting a period, she is due this month
Good Luck!
-Sweet

Old 07-27-2006, 04:31 PM   #5
pradasweets1983
(female)

pradasweets1983 HB User

Sweet-

That's sweet about your friend. haha. we shall see what happens with me this time. I'm sure I will post back when I find out.

Peace---Jess

P.S. just curious, do you have any other children, or was this your first m/c with your first pregnancy?

Old 07-27-2006, 05:49 PM   #6
Sweet73
(female)

Sweet73 HB User

Hi Prada,
It was my first pregnancy & my first m/c.
Take care, & keep us posted!
-Sweet

Old 07-29-2006, 06:16 AM   #7
CruiseMomInSC
Veteran
(female)

CruiseMomInSC HB User

Prada,

I think that you responded to one of my posts last month about "am I ovulating" and we figured out that were were in the exact same boat with having a miscarriage at the same time and were as far along as one another.

My opinion? I would say that YES you're pregnant again. I've read online that women who do get pregnant that soon after DO go on to have healthy pregnancies.

Keep us posted on Tuesday but I bet we'll be posting a big congrats to you!

Jennifer

Old 07-29-2006, 03:13 PM   #8
pantera78
(female)

pantera78 HB User

If you are pregnant(and yes it could be that you are) I wish you lots of good luck and may God be with you so all goes well this time.
Let us know what goes on in yr next visit at the doc.
In the meantime try to keep relax and take care of yrself.

hugs - Dee

Old 07-31-2006, 05:43 PM   #9
pradasweets1983
(female)

pradasweets1983 HB User

Thanks girls for your replies. I took a preg test that one day.....lighter line but that usually still means a yes... it was a dollar store cheap brand. Took another one the day after and yup still the same....a few days passed took one this morning and there were two lines of the exact same dark shade, so I am wondering if I am producing more hormones. I have my Dr. appt tomorrow. I keep telling myself and my mom and husband that I am expecting a m/c to protect myself. I keep saying that right? But you know.... in my head ther's only 10% doubt and 90% hope. You now what that means?

If I lose this one too, I will feel that same pain all over again.

It's like we have no problem getting preg. But then why can't we keep a healthy baby?

Oh well, at least after tomorrow I know I will have the support of my Dr. Hopefully he can help me.

Old 07-31-2006, 06:06 PM   #10
Sweet73
(female)

Sweet73 HB User

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!!!!!
thinking of you
-Sweet

Old 08-01-2006, 11:17 PM   #11
pradasweets1983
(female)

pradasweets1983 HB User

So I went to the doc today to confirm that I am pregnant and indeed I am. He did a transvaginal ultrasound to try to see how far I am and he couldn't see the yolk sac yet so he determined I must be pretty early. I really don't feel all that better because I can't help but worry now that this could be what I have heard some girls on here call chemical pregnancy's. But my doc said most likely not.
The yolk sac isn't supposed to show till almost 5 wks right? And it's past my menstral time. And also with a chem preg. do you feel all the preg symptoms? Cause I feel more with this one than I did the other two. I am so nauseas, I am very gasey haha, my nipples are tender and I feel so tired. I have never had the psychological symptoms of pregnancy where women want to be pregnant so bad they start to feel preg when really it's their mind playing tricks. Every time I have ever felt preg, I was.

He gave me my prenatal vit prescription ( I have been taking the cheap over the counter kind), and he did blood work to look at my hCG and pregesterone levels and will give me the treatment if needed. I am just so glad that I got into the doc so early...it's pretty much in his hands now and through God's will this may be my turn to see what it's like to be a mommy.

He is having me come in next tues the 8th and he said he'll call me tomorrow to tell me the test results from blood work.

Old 08-02-2006, 03:46 PM   #12
candice12
Veteran
(female)

candice12 HB User

Congratulations!!! I was just reading all the posts and came across this one! I am sorry about your loss but I'm sure this time around will be your time!!!

Old 08-08-2006, 11:20 AM   #13
pradasweets1983
(female)

pradasweets1983 HB User

this is an update:

Today I went in for my second appt at the doctor and last week they did a transvaginal and saw nothing , no gestational sac, no yolk sac, they said that my hcg levels and progesterone were perfect...they said it was just too soon to see anything and not to worry. Well, today they did another transvaginal Ultrasound and I was so worried about this but the doc immediatly saw both sacs..the little bean stuck!..I go back in two weeks for another one...to hopefully see my little cutie's heartbeat. As you can tell I am very excited. I was worried..but I am taking this a day at a time and I have decided to enjoy every minute of this pregnancy. Thank you for all of your kind words of comfort and advice.

P.S This was my first time to ever see any evidence of a baby growing inside of me...my first m/c did even know I was prego till I had it and the second one I never even got into the doc till after I m/c.

Old 08-08-2006, 10:07 PM   #14
Sweet73
(female)

Sweet73 HB User

Hey Prada... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
I was looking forward to reading your update, I just knew it was going to be a great one!!!
It's nice to read a happy update over here on the m/c board... gives me something to look forward to so keep us posted hun, and Congrats again!!
-Sweet

Old 08-12-2006, 10:17 AM   #15
pradasweets1983
(female)

pradasweets1983 HB User

I swear I am about to go crazy. I am so so paranoid with this pregnancy. So paranoid. Just because I haven't had a successful one yet. Two weeks ago I thought I was cramping, my husband was out of town, I was supposed to go with my mother in law shopping. I was crying because I just knew I was going to m/c. I call my mom in law and cry to her saying, "by the way I am pregnant and I think I am m/c, I can't go shopping" what a way to break the news right? well thank goodness she is awesome....anyways those cramps...yeah umm gas.. That happened a few times...I think I am cramping, but it turns out I am not.

Then this morning I woke up at 6 am and happened to touch my breasts sort of out of it and I didn't feel any soreness, I jolted up in bed and squeezed them, I felt nothing. I got out of bed went to bathroom, no blood, nothing. I was like oh great it will probably be one of those missed miscarriages where I will have to get a D&C. All my m/c have expelled naturally. I went into my bedroom, got into bed with my husband and I told him that I think I am m/c cause my breasts arn't sore.....

Anyways it is 9 am , I am at my office and my breasts are just as sore as they were yesterday. I don't know what is going on. I feel I am going out of my mind. I need to just relax. I keep telling myself to enjoy this pregnancy. But how can I when I keep freaking out about any little thing?

It's like I have PTSD ( post traumatic stress disorder) or something.

Closed Thread