It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

HCG Levels after ERPC

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-08-2006, 02:32 AM   #1
eurokelly
Senior Veteran
(female)

eurokelly HB User
HCG Levels after ERPC

I had an ERPC 2 weeks ago following a missed miscarriage at 9 weeks (pregnancy had stopped developing at 7 weeks). I have been bleeding on and off and am still getting strong positive on pregnancy tests. Did anyone have experience of this? How long should I expect before HCG Levels return to 0? We really didn't want to wait to try again and therefore I just want this over with....Also I had ectopic in March this year (1st attempt at pregnancy), and only 2 AF before this pregnancy, did anyone hear of ectopic & miscarriage being related medically? I am so frustrated - very grateful for any info!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-08-2006, 10:58 AM   #2
ibelieve
Veteran
(female)

ibelieve HB User
Re: HCG Levels after ERPC

I was told that very early m/c's could have in fact been an ectopic. Did you have an US with this one before you realized you m/c'd? Of course if you did and saw a hb around 6 wks, then it wasn't ectopic... I'm not sure, but maybe an HSG (where they inject dye through the cervix to visualize the falopian tubes) could help determine if you have something causing ectopics. Here's wishing you much luck. Third time's a charm, right?

-believe

Old 08-10-2006, 03:00 AM   #3
eurokelly
Senior Veteran
(female)

eurokelly HB User

Thank u so much for replying - i went back to the EPAU unit yesterday as the thought of another ectopic was too much and they found that the lining of my uterus isn't disappearing as quickly as you would expect, hence the hormones still strong. I can cope with this, not ready to intervene with another ERPC just yet...
I don't know if the 3rd time will be lucky for me, but i know that ONE time it will be, so i keep trying and smiling

Old 08-10-2006, 10:03 AM   #4
Sweet73
(female)

Sweet73 HB User

It can take a while for your hormone level to drop.. I had a D&C 4 weeks ago yesterday. I went for blood last Friday, and the hormone level was at 40... which was much lower, but enough to still test pos on a urnine test. Just went for another blood test today, I am hoping I went to 0!! I actually feel like I am ovulating, so here's hoping... I just want to get my period!
Good luck to you.
-Sweet

Closed Thread