It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

Sad and worried after miscarriage

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-10-2006, 01:49 PM   #1
sunsetlover
(female)

sunsetlover HB User
Sad and worried after miscarriage

Hello,
I found out a little over 2 weeks ago that my pregnancy had ended at week 6, but my body still had every sign of being pregnant my body said I was 10 weeks pregnant, so after days of crying and feeling hurt, angry and sad all at once I had to go in for the dreaded
D & C which I was completely knocked out for.
My hubby and I have tried to get pg for 8 years now and by some chance on a trip to Mexico in May it happend, we were extatic to the point of beleiving this was our miracle baby and nothing would happen to it. We have done treatment after treatment, pills, surgery artificial means and nothing happened then like I said I found out I was pregnant at 5 weeks. And the baby died at 6 weeks. I feel like a failure and am so scared to even try to get pg again for fear of a miscarriage or it never happening again.
After my D&C i felt better I guess more releived to have the baby out knowing it wasnt alive anymore, now I feel empty and so sad all the time. I go for my post-op appt tommorrow and the doc says we can try again as soon as I am up to it but I just dont knwo. Please tell me I am not crazy and all of this is normal. I feel like a crazy woman is trapped in my body.
Oh and all of the stupid things people have said to us since they found out we lost the baby, I honestly feel sometimes like smacking those people even though they mean well.
Anyway, thanks for listening.

Last edited by sunsetlover; 08-10-2006 at 02:01 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2006, 02:27 PM   #2
gemmalou
Veteran
(female)

gemmalou HB User
Re: Sad and worried after miscarriage

sunsetlover, i am so sorry for your loss, i went through a similar thing nearly 8 years ago, it was my first pregnancy (i was 15 at the time) and i should have been 16 weeks but was told baby died between 8-10 weeks, yes i was young but all that people said to me ''you should think yourself lucky at least you wont be a mum at 15'' i was alot older than my years but that hit me like a ton of bricks. then when i was 20 my hubby and i found out i was pregnant and went on to have a healthy baby girl who is now nearly 3. we decieded at the beginning of last year to try for another and after a year of ttc, i finally fell pregnant again, we only knew for a little over a week when i m/c'd again (that is when i found these boards, if you search from my name you may find my first post which is so similar to yours), i think things like this happen to make us stronger, i know its hard to get disheartened, especially after ttc for so long, and i dont know what to say to try to help but miracles do happen,

im currently 6 weeks and 5 days.
i wish you all the luck in the world,
gemma

Old 08-10-2006, 03:15 PM   #3
ibelieve
Veteran
(female)

ibelieve HB User

I'm so sorry to read your story. You are definitely not crazy in feeling all these emotions now. It's perfectly normal to still want a child but be terrified of trying again. Trust me, been there, done that, and doing it again and again. After 3 m/c's with no successful pregnancies, I was about ready to call it quits. But DH reminded me that if I give up, I would never be a mom. So we will try again. But I do pray that God will give me a peace about if/when it's time to stop.

Take plenty of time to heal, both physically and emotionally. Many times, our bodies are ready for another pg before our spirits are. So do what you need to do. Don't feel pressured by anyone. And as for stupid comments people make-most of them mean well but they come across as callous, because the majority of people have never been through m/c and are uncomfortable with the whole topic. Try to let it slide off you and know that they love you despite how stupid some of their remarks are.

Good luck dear. We're all rooting for you. Come here anytime you need advice or just to release. We're good at that.

-believe

Old 08-17-2006, 01:35 PM   #4
sunsetlover
(female)

sunsetlover HB User

Thanks ladies the "pep" talks helped. Some days are better than others but we are etting thru this and are gonna be fine. My Grandma always said "what does not kill us makes us stronger" this must be one of those times. Thanks again
Sunset

Closed Thread