It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

9 weeks pregnant and bleeding w/ back pain

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-15-2006, 03:06 PM   #1
LibertyGirl
(female)

LibertyGirl HB User
9 weeks pregnant and bleeding w/ back pain

Hello Everyone.

For past 3 or 4 days i have severe back pain. This morning i began bleeding. I wouldn't call this light spotting. I was actually bleeding red. It was enough to ruin my panties and sanitary pad.

I called my ob-gyn's office. They had not done any blood tests yet. This was my first visit and was due to an emergency. They were planning on seeing me in week 12.

They ordered some blood work today and the results won't be available until tomorrow. They also performed an ultrasound. I saw the baby. the nurse said that the heartbeat is on. She said, everything on the u/s looks okay. However, i noticed that i am not stomach sick for almost a week, i have really bad back ache for 4 days now and now i am also bleeding. I am so worried that this may end up in a miscarriage.

Although I saw the baby and they say the u/s looks good, I am not convinced. That could very well change right?

I still have some backache.

Has anyone had bleeding with low pack pain in their 9th week of pregnancy? I have not spotted in the first 8 weeks at all. Please help!

Thank you,
LibertyGirl

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2006, 07:56 PM   #2
bvincent
Inactive
(female)

bvincent HB User
Re: 9 weeks pregnant and bleeding w/ back pain

Before I begin, please consider that EVERYONE has different experiences and God has a different plan for all of us. Please do not take anything that any of us respond as a defintie "It will happen to you," scenario.

When I m/c in June I went in to the ER on a Thursday and the baby was moving and the heart rate was 163. HCG levels were also great. I went back on Sunday night and the baby had passed away. I was 12 weeks. The doctor told me that it was a chromosonal defect and to trust that it was God's way of taking care of something that we may not have been able to handle here.

I pray for you nthat everything is okay. Like I said, that was just my experience......your's may be completely different. God has a plan for you. No matter how hard it is to swallow, just try your best to keep faith and always count your blessings.

Old 08-17-2006, 11:44 AM   #3
scrappin
(female)

scrappin HB User

Did they find a reason for the bleeding? Placenta previa or pool behind the placenta? I had bleeding (spotting most days with two big gushes of blood) from 9 wks to 13 wks. They said that there was a pocket behind the placenta that would fill with blood and cause the bleeding. The pocket cleared up on its own. My baby was fine till I lost her at 20 wks due to incompetent cervix (not related to the bleeding). Hopefully you are on bedrest or at least restricted activity. Take it one day at a time, and hopefully all will be well.
Pam

Old 08-17-2006, 03:50 PM   #4
LibertyGirl
(female)

LibertyGirl HB User

Thank you both for the replies!!!

bvincent, i am so sorry to hear about your loss... It's difficult to lose a baby that many weeks into the pregnancy. Are you pregnant again? If not, i will make a wish that you do get pregnant sooooon... Sending lots of sticky baby dust to you...

Pam, they do not know what caused the bleeding. They said, the u/s looked normal. The baby is alive.

The bleeding occurred for 2-4 hours on Tuesday and then stopped. Then next day, on Wednesday, there was little bit more in the morning but only when i wiped and what i thought was fetal issue or clot was perhaps cervical or vaginal mucus covered with blood. First day, it was redish but on the second day it was more brown and it stopped within an hour or two. I havent had any bleeding since then and my backache has disappeared as well. Well, still uncomfortable a litttttttttle bit... but that's to be expected...

I am hoping this means that everything is normal? The hcg level was 130,000IU but they did not repeat to ensure its increasing... My blood type came back as O+. They think, everything's cool so i am just going to wait until my next appointment on Aug 28th. Hopefully they will use a doppler to hear the heartbeat... I can't wait for that reassurance!!!

Thank you again...

~LibertyGirl

Old 08-17-2006, 06:35 PM   #5
bvincent
Inactive
(female)

bvincent HB User

I am so glad things are looking better for you!!! Hopefully this little bundle of joy will arrive as planned and your life with your little angel will really get underway!

We are not pregnant at this time. My doctor wanted me to wait a few months to try again to give my body time to heal. We plan to start trying again after the first of the year.

I check this board often so keep us updated on your condition. The best to you and your family!

Closed Thread