It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

Miscarriage - I need your advise PLEASE

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-29-2006, 02:40 PM   #1
apt_75
(female)

apt_75 HB User
Miscarriage - I need your advise PLEASE

Hello,

I had my first pregnancy for about 6 weeks. But 12 days a ago I had a miscarriage. I want to get pregnant again and I won't loss hope to have a baby. My doctor told me that we'll wait for 1 month to try again to get pregnant. But some of my friends said that I'll wait for 3 months before I plan to get pregnant again. Can anyone tell me when should I start again? When can I resume to have sexual intercourse again after my miscarriage. My husband want to make love to me again but I'm scared after what happen to me 10 days ago after my miscarriage. Right now I don't bleed anymore. Is it safe right now to make love with my husband?

Please help me. I need all your advises.

Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2006, 03:14 PM   #2
hope5756
Veteran
(female)

hope5756 HB User
Re: Miscarriage - I need your advise PLEASE

I am so sorry to hear about your loss... i too have had 2 miscarrages... i ressumed having sex after a week of losing my first and two weeks after my second... but i waited 2 months before i tried to get pregnate again... for each loss... just to give my body a chance to regain strength...but i tell you it made me feel so much better once i started haveing sex after the losses... i think you should go ahead right now and make love with him... everything i did my doctor okay... hope all goes well and as you will notice im 37 weeks pregnate now and all is well with my little girl... it too will go well with you... take care and let me know if you have anyother questions.

Old 08-29-2006, 03:44 PM   #3
gio82
(female)

gio82 HB User

I'm also sorry to hear about your loss. Miscarriage is never an easy thing. I had my last one back in May of this year and it had been my second. Now, I'm not a doctor, but I know they tell you to wait. Usually it's 3months if you had a DNC, or so my own told me. One month if you passed on your own. I actually became pregnant immediately following my miscarriage, after the bleeding and all discomfort stopped of course. So far my baby is healthy and nothing is at all wrong. I'm at 13weeks and 5days today. I've had had no problems at all, besides recently getting queasy. When I told the doctor, she said normally it's good to wait at least a month, but who can really tell when your body has healed? Every woman is different. I'm not telling you what to do, but I am just giving my own experience in hopes maybe I can help some. Best of luck to you and yours!

-Liz

Old 08-29-2006, 06:11 PM   #4
jackiejetta_84
(female)

jackiejetta_84 HB User

Apt,
So sorry to hear about your loss. I had a natural m/c in January '06 at 6 or 7 wks as well. My OB told me to wait 3 months. I still continued to make love to DH b4 that, but he would pull out b/c I was trying to respect my OB's orders. After about 2 months of that I started letting him let go inside again. I got pg two months later. I am right now at 17 wks. I am not gonna say that everything will be just fine with me this time, b/c I know there is a chance I may m/c again with this baby. But It made me feel better that I at least made it past the 6 wk mark. I take everyday at a time. And I thank god everyday for the previous one. Your body will know when it's ready to be pg again. So, do whatever you feel! Good luck and hope to see you on here asking questions about being pg! So sorry once again, I will say a prayer for you!

~Jackie G.~~

Old 08-30-2006, 09:40 AM   #5
apt_75
(female)

apt_75 HB User

Hi Ladies,

Thank you so much for your advises. I really appreciate it and it feels me good. I'll give it a try. Thank you for the prayers too. Wish me luck.

Old 08-30-2006, 05:39 PM   #6
pradasweets1983
(female)

pradasweets1983 HB User

I had a m/c on 6/11 and was only 6 1/2 wks along. We knew to wait to get preg, so we tried. It was a natural m/c. We resumed sex after about a week after and even though we tried to use the pull out method as well. Not very smart people. Doesn't work. We got pregnant straight away. I never even had a period...just found out I was preg yet again.

I am now 11 weeks and past the point of when I m/c last time. I go in for another ultrasound tommorrow. I have been worried about this preg. and constantly paranoid for one: because I have had a m/c before and two:because I got pregnant right away without anytime to heal. But the doc assures me everything is looking good. Seeing the heartbeat helps too.

Just make love when it feels right. It might help you to feel better. I would reccomend waiting to get preg so fast to give yourself to heal maybe emotionally. I wish you wel and am so sorry to hear of your loss.

Old 08-31-2006, 02:25 AM   #7
eurokelly
Senior Veteran
(female)

eurokelly HB User

The decision of whether to wait or not is entirely personal - whether you feel ready. The Miscarriage Association here in the UK say that there is no increased chance of a repeat miscarriage if you do not wait until your first period to TTC. Also, all three consultants I have spoken to have confirmed to me that your body does not need to "heal" after an early m/c - you are completely safe not to have a period and immediately conceive. Therefore it is really just what your head tells you - personally, sooner the better for me, but I know many other people feel they need a couple of months, or more, to feel ready for the emotional impact. Good Luck to all whatever you decide xx

Closed Thread