It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

2nd Miscarrage ?????????'s

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-03-2006, 06:48 PM   #1
babyangel2
(female)

babyangel2 HB User
2nd Miscarrage ?????????'s

Well I had my second miscarriage on Thursday. We went to the doctor on Wed. and discussed all the test they are going to do to see why I have had 2 miscarriages. Can Anyone tell me what test they have had and if they found out what is causing their miscarriages????

Amy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2006, 09:35 AM   #2
ibelieve
Veteran
(female)

ibelieve HB User
Re: 2nd Miscarrage ?????????'s

Amy,

So sorry to hear of your 2nd loss. It's just heartbreaking. Well, I had the whole work-up done....twice. The first RE didn't find anything, but the 2nd one did more tests and found what just might be my problem (we are hoping- the next pg will be the test.)

You should be tested for a blood clotting disorder in which your body forms clots in the placenta. Also thyroid tests, immune tests (to see if your body is attacking the baby), and a chromosome analysis of you and DH. Also, progesterone and a few other hormone levels should be checked. All of these were normal in me. DH also got a SA to check his guys to make sure they were healthy enough to "create a good embryo." The 2nd doc did a cervical swab for a bacteria that interferes with implantation. Mine was positive. DH and I took abx for 10 days, and go back for a repeat swab next week. Simple as that (I hope.) She's also putting me on Clomid and progesterone. Even though the level was normal, she said that it wouldn't hurt so why not try? AMEN! 3 losses is 3 too many. Sorry this is so long. And everybody else, so sorry to talk about the testing so much. I just feel so strongly about it. If we could have found this sooner, I might not have lost my third baby....

Good luck dear. There is still a lot of hope for you yet. Don't get discouraged!

-believe

Old 09-04-2006, 11:40 PM   #3
pradasweets1983
(female)

pradasweets1983 HB User
Re: 2nd Miscarrage ?????????'s

First I want to say how sorry I am about your losses. I completly understand how you might feel right now. I rember feeling so alone and isolated. I want you to know we are here for you and feel your same pain.

I also had two m/c and they found out only after the second one that I am Rh- my husband is positive blood so our blood is incomaptible and it was very likely also that my babies were positive blood. They didn't have a chance, I never recieved the Rhogam shot before, so my body produced antibodies and treated the baby as a foreign object.

I am now almost 11 wks pregnant with my third attempt at a baby, I got preg immediatly after the last m/c without even having a period, but I recieved the shot..and also am already past the point where I m/c last time I m/c with the last two so early on at 6 wks, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that the Rh factor was my reason.

I hope they find out the cause for yours. I hope you might feel some peace and comfort soon.-----Jess

Closed Thread