It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

• slow rising HCG - prepared for miscarriage

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-21-2006, 10:29 AM   #1
    stacydl
    Veteran
    (female)

stacydl HB User
    slow rising HCG - prepared for miscarriage

Hi everyone,
    I am just looking to see if anyone's had a similar experience. I did an IUI with injectibles cycle in August and became pregnant. My HCG is just creeping up. I am 6 weeks pregnant and it's only at 1065, only 20 points higher than it was two days ago and it's supposed to double every two days. I was basically told there was no hope and to stop my progesterone suppositories, which I did. I went in for an ultrasound today to determine if there was an empty sac or ectopic. I was totally unprepared to see a fetal heartbeat in the uterus. I am pretty sure the inevitable is going to happen and we will miscarry. The doctor said he's only seen two cases where the hcg was so low and a pregnancy continued on normally. But he said if we are praying people to start praying and that seeing the heartbeat is a good sign and it could be ok. Any similar situations out there? Did it end in miscarriage? I assume it will, but what a rollercoaster. Going through a lot to get pregnant in the first place, getting pregnant so you're so excited, finding out it has no chance, then seeing hte heartbeat, ugg, I am running out of energy and don't know what to think.
    Thanks for your help,
    Stacy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2006, 10:01 AM   #2
    ibelieve
    Veteran
    (female)

ibelieve HB User
    Re: slow rising HCG - prepared for miscarriage

I'm so sorry dear. It's just not fair to have to work so hard to get pg only to have to face the threat of losing that miracle. Sorry, the only experience I have with slow rising HCGs turned out badly, but then again I never made it far enough to see a heartbeat. In my opinion, that is a very good finding. Seems like if the pg was "not making it" the heartbeat wouldn't be there. I will continue to think of you and hold you in prayer.

-believe

Old 09-23-2006, 07:37 AM   #3
    lilokey
    (female)

lilokey HB User
    Re: slow rising HCG - prepared for miscarriage

I'm sorry to hear about what is happening to you. The same thing happened to me. At about eight weeks into my pregnancy the doctors had a hard time finding my babies heart beat during the ultra sound (they did find it though). The only reason I am telling you this is because during my sixtenth week I started bleeding and I went to the hospital and the doctor did another ultra sound and there was no heart beat and the baby had died a week after the last ultra sound. So please make sure that you go see your doctor sooner then later if you think that there is something wrong so you don't end up like I did. You'll be in my prayers.

Closed Thread