It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

• are miscarriges always very painful

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-27-2006, 11:46 AM   #1
    marijane03
    (female)

marijane03 HB User
    Question are miscarriges always really painful?

hi im wondering can u have a miscarrige without to much pain i thought i was pregnant but hadnt confirmed it then i started bleeding way heavier than i ever have with lots of blood clots i never have those im not sure if i was wrong about being pregnant and its just really heavy and stuff because im late, i have been under alot of stress and they say that will make u miss somtimes, or am i having a miscarrige i just always thought they were always very painful thanks so much. marijane03

Last edited by marijane03; 09-29-2006 at 10:04 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2006, 12:27 AM   #2
    marijane03
    (female)

marijane03 HB User
    Arrow Re: are miscarriges always very painful

hi im replying to my own note here in case anyone else was wondering i just got home from the hospital and i did have a misscarrige i wasnt sure because i didnt have much pain some cramps but nothing worse than menstral cramps, for me i was 3 weeks late on my period and i thought i was pregnant but it takes forever to get an apt with my dr so i had booked one and was just assuming i was in the meantime we have 2 other children so we just figured whats 1 more, then the other day i started getting some cramps but nothing to bad and i got some cramping through my pregnancys so i wasnt to worried then yesterday when i woke up i was bleeding really heavy at first i thought maybe i had been wrong about being pregnant and it was just really heavy because i was so late and i wasnt having any cramps at all then the bleeding just got worse till i was going through a super tampon and overnight pad every 1/2 hour and still ended up leaking through my cloths i started passing tons of blood clots which i never get but because i wasnt geting much for cramps i didnt think it could be a m/c i always thought they were always extreemly painful i ended up going up to the hospital because the bleeding wasnt slowing down and it was starting to affect me pretty bad i was just loosing to much blood anyways it turned out that it was a miscarrige i was suprized it wasnt more painful but the dr said that because i have already given birth a couple of times that it dosnt always hurt as much as it would for somone who had never given birth because the cirvix doesnt close up 100% afterwards, my youngest son is only 7 months to so maybe being that it was fairly recent had somthing to do with it any how if anyones ever wondering early miscarriges are not always really painful physicaly anyhow thanks. and i hope this helps somone else.

Old 10-06-2006, 02:07 PM   #3
    arcticmomma
    (female)

arcticmomma HB User
    Re: are miscarriges always very painful

I have had 2 m/c's. My first one was at 10 wks - that m/c was very painful - felt like contractions. My second one was at 6.5wks - that one was just a heavy period, no cramping, no pain.

Hugs, Leah

Old 10-08-2006, 07:46 AM   #4
    scrappin
    (female)

scrappin HB User

Hi I am so sorry about your loss. I was going to reply that there isn't always a lot of pain, but I'm too late. I didn't have much pain with either of my early losses.

Old 10-11-2006, 06:16 PM   #5
    DazedandConfused
    (female)

DazedandConfused HB User

Hey i just recently had a miscarriage...i was 2 and half weeks late..i tested and tested and the tests always came out negative..then one day i took 2 tests and they came up positive!..then the next day i miscarried..which dont make no sense to me..u would think the tests would come up positive first the negative last...i guess sumthin happened..strange..but yeah the first day this happened i had very strong cramps..about 10X worse than menstral cramps..and the day after that it eased off but they were still there..and everyday after that it eased off more..my bleeding lasted for 8 days..my normal periods are 5 days..i thought i would never stop..its just so bad tho..i phoned my bf's mom that day i got the positive and got her all excited..and my bf was excited..then the next day that happened...if i knew that was gonna happen i would not have said nuthin i feels so embarrassed<--only because his X used to say she was preggers all the time and she was'nt and when they got back together,she would say she misscarried..she only did that to get him to come back..so i did not want him to think i would do sumthin like that..but we have a lil girl and lil boy..i have my hands full now..im happy with my lil family...take care!

Old 12-20-2006, 12:58 AM   #6
    Numb_one
    Veteran
    (female)

Numb_one HB User
    Re: are miscarriges always really painful?

Hey,

I had a miscarriage at 17 weeks, just 2 weeks ago this friday, & i also had no pain, cramps or bleeding. Just minor spotting at 6 wks & 8 wks which was put down to implantation bleeding!!!

The first i knew of any problem with my preganancy was when my waters broke during the early hours of the morning (but still no accompanying pain) and at this stage i thought i had accidentally wet the bed, although i thought there was something strange going on cos i am a light sleeper & have never wet the bed before, (but then it was a possibility that i had because i thought maybe the baby had put pressure on my bladder). This was then followed by some brownish coloured bleeding (which i didn't see as a sign of any problems.... as i'd been told by my OB that brown bleeding is usually just old blood that has broken away from the wall of your uterus) & it wasn't heavy at all.

Then by morning it was red & also getting slightly heavier so i went into emergency & it was later confirmed that my amniotic sac had burst & the baby did not have a heartbeat. My OB then said that it looked as though my baby had in fact died about 4 or 5 weeks prior to the sac bursting, as it was not the size of a 17 weeks fetus, however i had actually only started growing/showing in the tummy the last 2 weeks of pregnancy (which was just my sac growing i guess... but then it must have realised that there was not a baby to accomodate the growth & that's when it burst) & also i can't recall any major abnormal pains or bleeding during the weeks around the estimated time of my baby's death, so i'm still unsure

Anyhow if you want the full long-winded version of my story, you can check out my post. "Miscarriage at 17 weeks".

Take care & goodluck in the future

Numb_one

Old 12-20-2006, 02:27 PM   #7
    marijane03
    (female)

marijane03 HB User
    Unhappy Re: are miscarriges always very painful

I'm so sorry for your loss. i hope u are doing okay, its one day at a time for u right now and remember along with all the feelings you have going through u rite now, your hormones are all going wonky right now, and will be for a few more weeks, u can still test possitive for up to 6 weeks after a m/c, if u can still test possitive for that long i think it shows just what it does to your hormones, so dont be to hard on yourself if your not yourself for a while, also maybe let the ppl closest to u so they understand what's goin on if your being hormonal or actin a bit crazy, right now you have every right to.
    I wonder why some women expeirience so much pain when they are misscarriing and others like us dont have much if any pain at all? any how i am so sorry for your loss, you take care. marijane

Closed Thread