It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

• hcg levels slow to drop?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-04-2007, 05:43 PM   #1
    Sophiesmomma
    (female)

Sophiesmomma HB User
    hcg levels slow to drop?

My levels were 180 on 1/1 and 186 on 1/3. I am going in on 1/10 for an u/s to make sure it is not an ectopic pregnancy. Has anyone ever had an ectopic pregnancy?

Rachel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2007, 05:57 AM   #2
    Kathp
    (female)

Kathp HB User
    Re: hcg levels slow to drop?

Firstly, I'm so sorry for what you are going through. I have had 2 m/c myself, so have an idea of what you're experiencing. I was just looking at your post and noticed that your levels actually increased by 6 from the 1st to the 3rd? Is that right? That certainly needs checking out. My levels took over a month to drop and actually remained the same for several days, but they did not rise. Your HCG levels should not be rising if you have had a complete miscarriage. Please push your healthcare team on this, something could either be 'left behind', or if it is an ectopic, they need to do something about this now! Ectopics can be really, really dangerous and it makes no sense to me that they are leaving it this long before finding out. Please keep bugging them until they take action, and don't leave it for 2 weeks. I hope everything gets sorted out for you soon. Take care.

Old 01-05-2007, 09:51 AM   #3
    eurokelly
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

eurokelly HB User

I know I told you this on the other board rachel, but I saw you posted here as well and just wanted to say I agree with kath completely - you should definitely push to be seen as levels still rising are a worry. I hope so much it is not ectopic having been through this myself. If you really can't be seen then please go to the emergency department of your hospital if you get any shoulder or severe pain either side of your abdomen. I will also reiterate here for you and anyone else who reads this when wondering if they have an ectopic - I had no symptoms at all, it only showed up when I had an empty uterus on the scan. They admitted me as an 'emergency' and then kept me in a bed for 3 days as I was not showing any symptoms still - when I had the laporoscopy the surgeon came to see me afterwards and admitted that it was about to burst, and if it had I would have been dead in a couple of hours without immediate surgery. Only 1% of pregnancies (approx) are ectopic and most of them are in a high risk group (pg despite coil, IVF etc) so you should not panic unnecessarily, just be aware and look after yourself.

good luck and take care, kelly xx

Old 01-05-2007, 10:58 AM   #4
    Sophiesmomma
    (female)

Sophiesmomma HB User

I called back the dr to get in earlier and nurse said that my body needs to heal a bit before I am seen again so 1/10 is a good time. I explained to them I am worry about an ectopic but she doesn't seem to think it is a big deal.. I am ready to go to someone else!!!

thanks for your advice,
    Rachel

Closed Thread