It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

• worried !!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-08-2007, 01:00 PM   #1
    jaxie 77
    (female)

jaxie 77 HB User
    Exclamation worried !!

Hi there , i really dont want to upset anyone ,but i have a question ....

If i was suffering from a "missed miscarriage" would i still have the tugs , twinges and general little feelings , from when your uterus is stretching , or is that unlikely ?? The reason im asking is that im currently 12 weeks pg , my last check was about week/1/2 ago , and my midwife tried to hear babys h/b on the doppler , she said she thought she did but wasnt sure . She refered me for a dating u/s , (there is maybe week or two out on dates ) , but this is not till next tues . Also , i seem to have stopped suffering from nausea, altho i wasnt really that bad to begin with , just came and went in waves , was never sick . I read somewhere that a missed miscarriage has no out ward symptoms and is not detected until u/s . I have no discharge or anything like that ,and i am still getting the little tugs and feelings, but i cant seem to get this out of my mind , im having nightmares and everything ! I also suffer from underactive thyroid ,altho this has been controlled for 9 years, and i understand that this disease can contribute to this . I didnt know where to post this , but any feedback would be greatly appreciated , just dont know if i can make it through the weekend without going crazy !!! And dont want to bother my midwife in case its all just me being irrational !! Even if no feedback , thanx soo much for taking the time to read this xxxxxxx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2007, 07:58 PM   #2
    Numb_one
    Veteran
    (female)

Numb_one HB User
    Re: worried !!

Hi there,

You're right in saying that a missed miscarriage has no or little symptoms, as that is why it is referred to as missed. I got to 17 weeks before i knew of my miscarriage & my baby had apparently died between 12 & 13 weeks. I had no idea until my waters broke early one morning & then i began bleeding the next day. I thought at the time, before the bleeding started, that the baby must have been pressing on my bladder & that i had accidentally wet the bed.... i never thought for one minute that it was my waters breaking

Anyhow, where i live, people often just waltz into the hospital & wait to be seen & usually with these circumstances, they prioritise you quite quickly. I'm not sure if it's the same where you are, however it's worth looking into.... especially if it saves you from stressing unneccessarily. We have an emergency department & then the normal prenatal wing of our hospital & i went straight into the prenatal wing & waited to be seen, (because i didn't want to wait in emergency for hours) & i also rang before i arrived & they told me to come straight to them instead of going to emergency.

I had bleeding though.... so that could have been why they agreed to see me so quickly, however it's better to be safe than sorry & it's worth a try!!! I was initially seen by the nurse & she could not find a heartbeat with the doppler, so she then used a small disk kind of thing & then said she could hear the heartbeat but my baby was moving around too much & wouldn't stay still (so she says she heard it briefly)..... but i wasn't convinced cos all i could hear was fluid in my stomach & my own heartbeat

She ended up getting another nurse to have a listen & she too said she thought she heard a heartbeat, so then they were going to send me home, but lucky for me there were 3 other patients needing further examinations so they called my Obstetrician & asked him to come to the hospital to see me (& the others). He ended up doing a screen ultasound & saw that the amniotic sac had burst & my baby did not have a heartbeat. That was pure luck.... because otherwise i would have gone home thinking my baby was fine & i would have been caught so unaware when i passed my baby & freaked out!

Long story short..... i think you should go & ask someone to see you & if you have to lie & say that you are getting cramps etc to be seen, then i suggest you do it because that way you'll know you did everything you could. Everything might be fine & your baby might be healthy..... i hope so, but it is safer to be sure & all you need to really tell them is that your doctor could not hear a heartbeat at your last appointment & you have been worried sick since.

About your nausea & sickness, my doctor told me that morning sickness (in most cases) peaks at around 12 weeks & then tends to taper off, so i think that is quite normal if it has gone away. But again.... when you see someone, tell them about this! I too had very mild sickness..... i mainly felt tired & had the occasional queesy feeling, but i also never vomited because of it

Anyhow i'll stop babbling now & i hope you get to see a doctor sooner rather than later.

The best of luck to you & stay well, Crystal

Old 03-08-2007, 09:18 PM   #3
    pradasweets1983
    (female)

pradasweets1983 HB User

Hi first I just want to say that try try try NOT to worry about the negative and only think positive thoughts. Even though its so hard. That is very important because I believe that the mind has a tremendous amount of influence over the body.

We don't know if you are having a missed miscarriage. You can only tell for sure when you do the ultrasound. I pray that everything will be alright.

For me though, I have found that my intuition is usually correct. I have had 3 miscarriages. The first 2 I had the text book terrible cramping, back pain, spotting lightly brown, followed by heavy clotting bleeding. The 3rd one though was nothing like that. We got farther than the others with this last one, my daughter. We saw her moving, heard her HB via dopplar. Then on the week where I was supposed to be over 16 + wks. I went in, doc measured my uterus, I was growing "nicely" he put the dopplar on, no HB. The doctor just thought she was moving too much so we couldn't catch her to hear her. The US machine was brought in. And there she was unmoving, just lying there like a sleeping baby w/ no HB. A week prior to that day, I had a nightmare that I had gone to the bathroom and delivered my dead baby in the toilet. It was smaller than the palm of my hand just a little baby. It was so disturbing. But, I still had sore boobs and nausea and food aversions, my tummy seemed to get bigger, so I thought that dream was crazy and it meant nothing. But still I kept getting those thoughts off and on, even though my body seemed to be telling me otherwise with the positive symptoms.

Sometimes I think theres a part of us as humans that knows things before we do consciously. About a week before I found out I was pregnant with this last one ( we wern't trying) I had a dream I was pregnant. Then the next week, I was talking to my husband on a stool in the kitchen and when I stood up I fainted.Which scared the hell out of me and I did not associate that w/ pregnancy. I mean I've never fainted in my life, just the common head rush. But after doing some research, I came to find that association out, took a preg test the next morning and whattayaknow.

I had to have 2 differ. D&C's after this last one. I think that the D&C's caused me to be very irregular now and has screwed my whole cycle up big time. I used to be 28 days, now it seems I am like 35-40 days. I hope you don't have to have a D&C. I hope you have not had a missed/mc I hope you are fine and this worrying you are experiencing is all for nothing.Let us know what happens and please know we are all here for you. Take care, Jess

Old 03-09-2007, 12:49 PM   #4
    jaxie 77
    (female)

jaxie 77 HB User

Hi there , I just wanted to say thank you so much for replying to my message , and how very sorry i am to hear your stories . I am still very anxious but i have decided to wait until tues , like you say Jess, im gonna focus on the positive rather than the negative . And whatever the outcome is , is what its meant to be right ? Im encouraged by the fact that nausea is prob meant to stop around my stage ,i was worried about that , but in saying this , i woke up this morn , very queasy ,and had a fair bit of thick white creamy discharge when i went to the bathroom , ive not really had any discharge as yet ,and i had read that this is normal as your pregnancy progresses . I Do kind of believe that our minds can somehow tell us subconciously that maybe there is something wrong ,but ive had these feelings before in other matters with mixed results . Also , ive found during this , im so all over the place , i mean , sometimes i just truly "know "everything is fine !!!!!!!So , like i say , im just so confused right now .I am still getting the uterus pulls and tugs and that is kind of giving me hope ,because surely my uterus would have stopped growing if something had gone wrong a while back ?? I am a "voluptous"woman also (ok , ive got a spare tire round the middle )!!!! , so its kind of hard for me to tell if im growing at all , altho i have gained 3/4 lbs and, so ...theres so many things im just not sure on . I just wanted some feedback tho , and im extremely grateful that you guys took the time to give . Again im so sorry for your losses , and i truly wish you all the best in the future . Well , im gonna wait it out till tues , so hopefully ill have some good news to give you , but ill be sure to let you know either way , my results . Thanx again, jacqueline xxxxxxx

Closed Thread