It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

• light bleeding after D&C - normal?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-24-2007, 09:45 PM   #1
    rekha
    (female)

rekha HB User
    light bleeding after D&C - normal?

Hi, I had a missed miscarriage where fetal heartbeat stopped.

Dr performed a D&C where he suctioned contents of uterus, he told me the procedure went well.

He told me I should expect bleeding for a week or maybe two...but my bleeding stopped the night of the surgery and I only had some spotting day after.

Does that mean something did not go right? or just that my Dr did a real good job....I am worried...I want to try IVF in three months again, and am anxious..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2007, 04:13 PM   #2
    emma120
    (female)

emma120 HB User
    Re: light bleeding after D&C - normal?

I had the same thing happen a week ago. D&C was performed and I only bleed for a few days. I would not be worried

Old 03-25-2007, 10:26 PM   #3
    pradasweets1983
    (female)

pradasweets1983 HB User

I want to first say I am sorry for your loss.

Yes, it could mean that he got everything out. Which is really good as thats what he was aiming for.

In my case, I had my first surgery ( D&C) in Oct. and I didn't bleed for a few days after it. Like four days. Only light spotting. Then all of a sudden I experienced terrible cramping even in my lower back and everytime a cramp came a clot of blood could be expected to come out of me. The cramps were horrible horrible. And then less than a week later I woke up hemorrhaging and couldn't stop bleeding tons of blood, tons of clotting. I tried my hardest to get it to stop as I had an important lecture I needed to go to. The clots were the size of a small banana. Very big. As it turned out I got real weak from the blood loss and my husband drove me to the ER where my OB met us there and I needed a second ermergency D&C, 2 wks after the first, as well as a blood transfusion because my hemoglobin levels were too low due to blood loss. I was pretty stupid not to have woken up my husband earlier to take me to the hospital. I didn't guage the seriousness of it. The things I do for school .

It seems to me as if all is going well with you post opt. Follow the docs post opt directions:No baths, no feminine rinsing (even thoough they arn't good anyways), so sex for 2 wks, etc. and keep taking your prenatals for awhile. You are lucky you are not bleeding very much. Take care and feel better inside and out.-----Jess

Old 03-26-2007, 08:01 AM   #4
    Cupcake3
    (female)

Cupcake3 HB User

Hi Ladies,

Sorry for the losses....It is not easy for us..

I will say that I have had 4 d&C's and light bleeding is good. That means Dr did a good job.. 2 of my four were not good and the second ones each time made me feel much better.

take care....

Old 03-26-2007, 09:34 AM   #5
    rekha
    (female)

rekha HB User

thanks ladies. Yes, I am only spotting very lightly for a day now....so I guess that is good....

I am looking forward to trying again this June.

Closed Thread