It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

• Miscarriage, D&C then the confusion

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-30-2008, 08:42 PM   #1
    outoftime39
    (female)

outoftime39 HB User
    Miscarriage, D&C then the confusion

I have had 3 pregnancy losses, one at 22.5 weeks, the next 2 were at 10 weeks. My last loss required 2 D&C's to finally clear everything. The last D&C was Dec 17th. My periods are very regular, so after more then 5 weeks the doctor did an ultrasound for me to see if there were any more issues from the last D&C. There was a follicle that measured 17, I think that means 1.7. The doctor said I would ovulate soon and then start my period a couple weeks after. She said to go ahead if we wanted to TTC. It really felt like my period was going to start though so I was confused by the u/s. Sure enough the next morning my period started and at the same time I was in sooooo much pain so I thought maybe I was ovulating at the same time. Has anyone ever heard of this? My doctor is convinced that this is not a period and that I just ovulated. It sure seems like a period, lasting over 3 days heavy and now a few days much lighter almost ending. I'm really confused. I am still cramping and have some pain in my ovaries and uterus. It seems like there is nothing they can do for me now. I have to just deal with the pain. Am I dealing with a cyst? A follicle that burst? Could I have ovulated and the cramping is that I'm pregnant? It is a very confusing time for me and I wish someone could tell me what is going on. It has been 4 months since we lost the last pregnancy and I just want to move on. Any feedback would be much appreciated! Thanks
    Running out of time, will be 40 this year

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2008, 11:31 AM   #2
    Sweetest_Pink00
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User
    Re: Miscarriage, D&C then the confusion

Did your Dr. ever tell you a reason for your losses. Maybe it would help if you try yo find out if anything went wrong or it was just natural so that you can try to take precautions for your next pregnancy, Last year in April i miscarried. I dont know how far along i was but i know i was in the first trimester. The dr said that it doesnt mean you cant have children it just mean the pregnancy was termination due to your body knowing what's good and what's not healthy at the time. Did they explain this to you at the hospital?

Old 01-31-2008, 06:47 PM   #3
    outoftime39
    (female)

outoftime39 HB User

Thanks for your reply. My first loss was an abruption of the placenta at 5 and 1/2 months. It was very tragic. The second they did do pathology testing and they couldn't find any issues. It was only 10 weeks, and much less distressing, but still sad. The third loss was due to chromozone problems with the baby and was natural to lose the pregnancy. It has been different each time. My real problem is that now I started my cycle at the same time as I had a large follicle that was about to ovulate. Now I don't know that I have ever heard of that happening and I'm really confused about my cycle.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:41 AM   #4
    Sweetest_Pink00
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

The ovulation process confusses me alot and i think that once your period is regular and then interupted its better for you to just wait to maybe conceive until its back on track, you know people say it doesnt make a difference but it does because if you're worried about your period and paying such close attention it can cause false alarms when you think you have symptoms of somthing or not (does that make sense?). And also it can cause stress so that when you do get pregnant its hard to just be happy and move on having a healthy pregnancy. Good luck to you though and everyone else i think we all need it at these times.

Closed Thread