It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

• Sore Nipples Lost, Spotting...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-03-2008, 07:48 PM   #1
    choclate
    Inactive
    (male)

choclate HB User
    Thumbs down Sore Nipples Lost, Spotting...

My wife has lost one pregnancy symptom suddenly after getting pregnant. The sore nipples. This has been followed by a few clots. Then spotting. The spotting is consistent though. Two or three a day. It seems to me that losing sore breasts means that she is going to lose it. Is it really the case?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2008, 06:39 AM   #2
    brunettegirl
    (female)

brunettegirl HB User
    Re: Sore Nipples Lost, Spotting...

tell your wife to go to the doctors even if it turns out to be nothing its beta than leaving it! i am sorry if your wife does miscarry but if its only a few spots an not really heavy bleeding and clots she an baby should be ok they woul need to scan her again to see if the baby is ok!? how far gone i she? when i miscarried my breast still hurted for about 2 weeks after! go to the doctors and i wish you all the best!

Old 02-04-2008, 07:48 PM   #3
    choclate
    Inactive
    (male)

choclate HB User

All the worse signs of miscarriage are coming up. The cramping has started. She is going to doc again today. Hope its fine. The only positive is that the bleeding is still very slow. Its like a few drops in a day and for hours there is NONE. Just a bit of a clotting may be. Can there be a possibility of her getting a few drops, losing sore breasts and getting cramps as a normal part of pregnancy.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:46 PM   #4
    WhiskersOnKittens
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User

Absolutely, I would say that can be a normal part of pregnancy, but it is definitely better safe than sorry... Your wife should go to the doctor as soon as she can, as they can do blood tests to see what her hcg level (the pregnancy hormone) is at. They will probably then do another a couple of days later to see if the level has risen or dropped.
    If it IS miscarriage, there is nothing you can do at this point, I just know how frustrating it is to not know what's going on... I had a miscarriage just 2 weeks ago, and even though it was terribly tragic, it is a relief to know if the fetus will make it or not...
    If she's just spotting, I wouldn't worry about it--that's a common part of early pregnancy. But the more symptoms she gets (if she starts to bleed more heavily, pass any clots, have anything more than LIGHT, LIGHT cramping) the more serious the risk of miscarriage.
    I wish all the best for you and your wife, I will be praying that she continues to have a healthy pregnancy.

Whiskers

Old 02-06-2008, 01:00 AM   #5
    choclate
    Inactive
    (male)

choclate HB User

Sorry to know that you had a miscarriage. Before getting pregnant whole of our efforts were to get a pregnancy. Never knew that the things would be so difficult even afterwards too. I had this gut feeling that it won't be easy for us. It seems to be designed that way.

This is week No. 8. Day 1. No idea when this is going to stop. But, other syptoms are fine. The cramping was only for one day without any increment in bleeding. Its about 5 to 6 drops a day. I don't know how dangerous it is. Importantly its not coming out its just staying in and comes out at the time of urination. The doctor has said that he can't do much about it. Nor he knows much about it. By the way, what is he there for then. She is on Duphaston now. I believe its a hormone. Else ways, she has increased appetite now with dizziness. All the signs of a pregnancy. But, may be a sign of miscarriage. These doctors know nothing trust me.

This is bleeding day no. 5 now.

Entering into week no. 8 from 7 seems a big success. Some people want to hang on till the end. I am a character who would say. Well, ok, get fine or get lost. I hope one of the two happens soon.

I have a question. What are the chances that there is an infection in the uterus. How is it detected.

Last edited by choclate; 02-06-2008 at 01:03 AM.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:13 AM   #6
    brunettegirl
    (female)

brunettegirl HB User

im sure everything is fine my friend was 10 weeks pregnant and she bled quite heavy for 3 days and everything turned out fine she now has a healthy 5 month old son! i wish u and your wife all the best x

Old 02-06-2008, 04:04 PM   #7
    WhiskersOnKittens
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

I'm glad to hear that your wife is having normal pregnancy symptoms--that's a hopeful sign! Like I said before, spotting is unfortunately quite common in early pregnancy so try not to worry too much about it... If the blood increases, or turns bright red that may be cause for concern. And it's also nice to know that she's only had one day of cramping--that too happens sometimes in early pregnancy.
    Like the doctor said however, unfortunately it's true that there's not much they can do--if it is a miscarriage, it will happen, and if it's not then you'll know when she gets an ultrasound, and you see the baby's heartbeat. You'd think the doctor would be a little more helpful in relieving your fears however, by sending her for blood work or an ultrasound... That's too bad. I know what you mean about just wanting to know--the not knowing is really, really hard.
    About infection--if she had one, she would most likely get quite sick. She'd probably develop a fever along with chills and other flu-like symptoms. I've only heard of infection developing however, after the fetus has passed. I'm not saying it CAN'T happen with the fetus still inside, but I don't think it's very common so I really wouldn't worry about that right now. Especially if the doctor doesn't seem overly concerned, try not to be as well. My recommendation would be to just get her to an emergency room if she starts bleeding very heavily (about the amount of a period), and passes clots, or has severe cramping. Otherwise try not to worry--I know it's hard, but think positive thoughts--I'm praying for you that all will be fine.

Whiskers

P.S. You are right to feel slightly relieved that she's passed the 8 week mark--the risk of miscarriage decreases significantly as of 8 weeks, and then again at 12 weeks, so that's good to hear!

Old 02-06-2008, 07:51 PM   #8
    choclate
    Inactive
    (male)

choclate HB User

Thanks for the help Brunette and Whiskers.

It seems that the bleeding is reducing a bit. But, then again it had reduced before too. We are just praying GOD that he helps us out during this whole episode. Yes, we are a bit relieved that the bleeding is brown. But, the emotional pain in overwhelmingly high and I know that many of your out there have experienced it. So, I won't stress on it a lot.

I want to ask another thing, my wife is a full time working accountant and her work is a total mental exhaustion. She is currently on a two weeks leave. She is likeli to join again on 19th Feb 2008. I wanted to ask how risky it is for her to go to office and work. Obviously taking into account that she works by just sitting on the chair. But, then she has to sit there on the chair for 8 hours and can't take a nap or can't straighten her back.

This is week No. 8, Day 2.

Old 02-06-2008, 09:42 PM   #9
    WhiskersOnKittens
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

I'm no expert by far, but I think she'd be fine to go back to work, if she's feeling up to it mentally. Stress isn't great in pregnancy (or anytime for that matter), although it won't cause miscarriage. If she is still doing well in two weeks when she's due back, I'd say go for it!

Whiskers

Old 02-07-2008, 09:28 AM   #10
    brunettegirl
    (female)

brunettegirl HB User

hi stress is the worse thing for the baby but if she is only sitting down she should be fine walking around to hope everything is still ok keep me posted and keep in touch

Old 02-08-2008, 02:06 AM   #11
    choclate
    Inactive
    (male)

choclate HB User

What about a bumpy road. Is it dangerous. Not a lot bumpy but a bit.

Week 8 day 3.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:48 AM   #12
    brunettegirl
    (female)

brunettegirl HB User

how things today? no im sure a bumpy ride will be fine just not to bumpy try not to worry to much and relax ok! stress is definetly not good for u and your wife and the little one!! just try and get on with things normal u cant wrap her in cotton wool luvvy! things wil be fine im sure

Old 02-09-2008, 06:46 AM   #13
    brunettegirl
    (female)

brunettegirl HB User

no no necessarily what were the clots like if there was a lot and alot of bleeding then she must go to the doctors

how things today?

Old 02-09-2008, 09:49 AM   #14
    choclate
    Inactive
    (male)

choclate HB User

Well things are getting better. The bleeding has reduced to one small drop per urination. It has improved tremendously. No clots have been seen now. The clots were just like condensed blood. I think things are improving but I am totally fed up of this constant fear. I want all this bleeding to end and start concentrating on trying to find a name for my child rather than thinking about an abortion. My sister n law has just gifted a baby bather and a musical revolving toy for the new born because she is leaving for Australia and won't be here at the time of delivery. I hope I would be able to use them.

Old 02-10-2008, 04:47 AM   #15
    brunettegirl
    (female)

brunettegirl HB User

of course you wll try not to worry try to look forward to things when is your wife next scan? she should really have an emergency scan just to double check that everything i fine!? please make her go cos then you will no and the fear will stop and excitement may start! everything sounds promising!

Closed Thread