It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

• 13 weeks - bright red bleeding

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-26-2008, 11:24 AM   #1
    suewaz
    (female)

suewaz HB User
    13 weeks - bright red bleeding

I am wondering if this has happend to anyone else. I am a little over 13 weeks pregnant and I started to have some bleeding. Of course, I pratically ran to the ER to make sure everything was OK. My cervix was closed, and they did an U/S and the baby was OK. So, they called it a threatened miscarriage and suggested rest, which I did. I called my OB as well, and they said that they are usually only concerned if the bleeding is filling a pad/hour. It wasn't at all, but it was still bleeding - more than spotting, but nothing major. So, it did stop, but then two days later, I had more bright red spotting. It didn't last long, but still I was concerned. I went to my OB the next day, once again my cervix is closed and the baby looks fine. They have no explanation for the bleeding. I continue to spot on and off (always when I am trying to push out a bowel movement - constipation stinks). Anyone else had this experience? How concerned should I be? I should probably mention that I did not have any real pain, only some minor lower back pain, but no cramping. Has anyone had this time of symptoms that has led to a miscarriage?

Last edited by M08; 03-27-2008 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Possible/threatened miscarriages must be posted on the miscarriage board.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2008, 02:33 PM   #2
    G8r4evr
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

G8r4evr HB User
    Re: 13 weeks - bright red bleeding

I experienced the same thing (bleeding lasted 3-4 days) and was very light. Dr said it was a threatened miscarriage and put me on 2 weeks of bed rest. 2 weeks later, the baby was fine and it turns out a small blood clot had been the source of the bleeding.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:51 AM   #3
    skyy11
    Veteran
    (female)

skyy11 HB User

At nine weeks I started to spot. it was very little and brownish. A few days later, I started to bleed light to moderately and I started really worrying.

I stopped working and rested a lot. I got an ultra-sound and everything was fine. It did really scare me and after a couple of days it stopped. I still do not know why it even happened, but now I am 26 weeks and doing great!

Old 03-27-2008, 12:11 PM   #4
    chrislon
    (female)

chrislon HB User

You say that it happens when you go to the toilet? When you are pregnant yu have a lot more blood in your body and it is very normal for small veins to break. For example when you go to the toilet or when you blow your nose.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:56 PM   #5
    skyy11
    Veteran
    (female)

skyy11 HB User

Just wanted to add that just because you have some light spotting/bleeding, it can be completely normal in pregnancy! It does not always mean there is something wrong. Some women have regular periods the whole time they are preg.

When I had my spotting, the Dr. said that usually there is more of a concern w/ cramping pain, not just the bleeding itself. It is ok to be concerned/worried at different things happeneing while you are pregnant! Chances are you will be just fine and have a normal pregnancy! Take care.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:06 PM   #6
    Numb_one
    Veteran
    (female)

Numb_one HB User

Hi there,

This may sound silly, but i was just wondering..... do you know if the bleeding is definately vaginal??? When i was pregnant with my dd, who is now 4 months old, i had quite bad constipation & strained quite a bit & it caused the small veins in my bottom to break (sorry if TMI) & at first i thought it was vaginal spotting, however then i realised it may not be!

Just thought i'd mention that, because i'm not sure how much blood you said you've had, but with straining to go to the toilet it is a big possibility!

Wishing you well & goodluck for the remainder of your pregnancy!

Numb xoxoxox

Old 04-02-2008, 02:38 PM   #7
    suewaz
    (female)

suewaz HB User

Thanks. Well, I am still having some bleeding/spotting, but the baby continues to be OK. No explanation for the bleeding. It is very fustrating, but I am trying to stay as calm as possible.

Closed Thread