It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

• Is this normal after miscarriage?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-05-2008, 06:08 AM   #1
    LEJ79
    (female)

LEJ79 HB User
    Is this normal after miscarriage?

Hi all. I miscarried about a week and a half ago. I was very early on in the pregnancy - only about 4.5 weeks. My doctor had done an ultrasound and told me that the sac was forming normally and that my uterine lining looked good and looked like it was doing everything it was supposed to. However, after bleeding heavily for 12 days and getting two blood tests done, it was obvious that I miscarried. Thankfully I never had ANY cramping, just a lot of bleeding. My doctor did not check me again. He just told me that I had miscarried due to the drop in my HCG levels and the bleeding.

I stopped bleeding a week ago. However, now that I've stopped bleeding, I've started to experience an achy, pulling sensation along the left side of my uterus. Not cramping painful, but different. Has anyone experienced this after a miscarriage? I called my doctor and the nurse told me not to worry about it and that I didn't need to come in. It's been a week though now, so I'm just wondering...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2008, 10:05 PM   #2
    spam22
    (female)

spam22 HB User
    Re: Is this normal after miscarriage?

My first pregnancy I miscarried in the first few months and I felt cramping and pulling after a miscarriage your body is going through a lot of changes its normal.

Old 07-06-2008, 01:11 PM   #3
    scoobylou22
    (female)

scoobylou22 HB User

Hi there, sorry to here about your loss! i had an early miscarriage about 3 months ago i never got a date for how far on i was but im guessing from the dates i was about 5 1/2 weeks. I started off as brown spotting then turned into heavy bleeding over about a week or so.
    But anyway getting to the point... i remember i had these strange pulling sensations in my uterus for a week or so after the bleeding stopped, i also had twinges in my side. I never asked the docter about it tho because at the time i just wanted to put it all out of my mind. But anyway they went away after a while i asume it was just my body adjusting back to normal and the hormone changes. You should really get checked out if it gets very painful tho to rule out ectopic pregnancy!

Old 07-06-2008, 06:32 PM   #4
    LEJ79
    (female)

LEJ79 HB User

Thanks for the replies. I just wanted to make sure that it's normal. I'd really like to put this behind me and move on, but it's hard when your body keeps reminding you!

Old 07-06-2008, 10:29 PM   #5
    spam22
    (female)

spam22 HB User

I know it hard. One of the hardest thing in my life. But after a while it should go away. If not go to the doctor. I also got a d and c. So that took a bit to get over to.

Old 07-13-2008, 11:37 AM   #6
    LEJ79
    (female)

LEJ79 HB User

Hi all,

I'm still experiencing mild, achy/pulling-like cramping on my lower left side. My miscarriage started around June 20th, so it's been a while. I stopped bleeding on June 28th. Is this still normal or should I go ahead and make a doctor's appointment?

Thanks!

Closed Thread