It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

• having a miscarriage and have questions

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-05-2008, 04:53 PM   #1
    mummyof_3
    (female)

mummyof_3 HB User
    having a miscarriage and have questions

I started bleeding 2 days ago, at around 6-6.5 weeks pregnant. I went to the ER and the doctor checked my cervix, and it was closed and normal. He checked my hgc levels and they were only 443. I had an ultrasound the next day, and she kept asking me if I was pregnant, cause she saw nothing. She said maybe she saw something that could look like a "early pregnancy". I know that I was at least 6 weeks, cause I had my first positive test on
    Aug 18, so I was at least 4 weeks then which would make me 6 weeks now.
    I took another test 1 week ago and the line was super dark.

My question is what does a normal miscarriage ultrasound look like, do you usually see the baby or sac?
    Could it has stopped growing a while ago, and I am miscarring later. But then why was the test line so dark a week ago?

I am pretty sure that it is not etopic cause I have had no severe pain, and lots of bleeding...just like a regular period. Do you usually have more pain than blood?

Thanks
    It is a scary thing I have never had a miscarriage before, so the unknown is scary.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2008, 06:17 PM   #2
    quibby84
    (female)

quibby84 HB User
    Re: having a miscarriage and have questions

I am so sorry that you are going through this. The only answer I can give you is that you could have lost the baby a while back and are now miscarrying. Also, your will still get a pos. preg. test for a week or so after the miscarriage. I was 11 weeks preg. and the baby was 8, then I had a d and c. Two days after I still had a pos. test, but now almost two weeks after it is getting lighter, but still pos.
    I hope all goes ok! Maybe the baby is just hiding.

Good luck!
    Let us know what happens.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:00 PM   #3
    Paye
    (female)

Paye HB User

I'm sorry to hear that you are having to go through this! I can't tell you what the miscarriage would look like on an ultrasound, but from my experience I also think I lost mine a couple of weeks before I miscarried, and I didn't have any pain until after I was bleeding very heavily and I was about to pass the fetus. That is when my cramps began. How heavy is your bleeding? I hope you are not experiences a miscarriage and I hope you find out soon what is going on!

Old 09-06-2008, 08:39 AM   #4
    mummyof_3
    (female)

mummyof_3 HB User

Well yesterday I had so much cramping, then I passed what looked like would be the fetus, large clot type thing. Which I did go into minor shock, dizzy, clamy, dry mouth. After that the cramping and bleeding had slowed down. Does it usually slow down when you pass the fetus?? I hope so, I just want the physical part of this to be over. I haven't eaten/slept in 3 days. Actually, last night was the first night where I felt calm enough to sleep some what.

I am also very sorry to hear about your loss as well, it is hard. Its nice though to chat to those who have had a miscarriage before, I feel like I am the only one in the world going through this, and no one knows what it is like. It is encourging to hear of woman who have survived this. I know I will, I will be fine eventually. What is helping me is the kids that I have. I just look at them, and am so thankful that I have them, and they are healthy.

Thank you for the responces.

Last edited by mummyof_3; 09-06-2008 at 09:57 AM.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:00 PM   #5
    Paye
    (female)

Paye HB User

Hopefully your pain and bleeding is subsiding a little by now. It sounds like you passed the fetus. I know I felt better after passing mine, but still experienced some cramping. I am going through it right now too and was also about 6 weeks. My major bleeding was on Tuesday and I am still bleeding. Not near as much though. I don't know what I was expecting, but it really threw me off when I passed the fetus. It was a little traumatic for me.

I agree, I only have one kiddo, but he is really helping me get through this. I look at the little munchkin and am so thankful for him and his health! It really does help to talk to others going through this, my husband is very sweet, but at a loss of how to be comforting with this sometimes. Hang in there and hopefully this will be over for you shortly!!

Old 09-07-2008, 02:20 PM   #6
    mummyof_3
    (female)

mummyof_3 HB User

I had no idea what to expect either, I mean it makes sence that you need to pass it, but I was never really thinking about it. The doctors never warned me about that, and I have never had a miscarriage. I was horrified when it came out, it seems so strange to just flush it down the toilet. I felt phsically better, but also emotionally. It feels like I can really start healing now that it is out. I am on day 4, my light bleeding started on wed, and I passed the fetus on friday.

Did they do an ultrasound on you? If so what did it look like?
    The ultrasound tech seemed supprised when doing my ultrasound. I think it stopped devoloping at around 5 weeks, the I miscarried 2 weeks later. Cause there was not much of anything in my uterus when looking at the ultrasound.

Is this your first miscarriage?
    When are you going to start trying again, or are you even thinking about it again?

What is hard for me is that hubby doesn't really want to try again, but I don't want to end on a miscarriage. So this totally sucks!!

Last edited by mummyof_3; 09-08-2008 at 11:03 AM.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:10 AM   #7
    Paye
    (female)

Paye HB User

Hi mummyof 3,

I never had a ultrasound because I had already passed everything before going into the dr. I did talk to the dr on the phone and they didn't warn me about anything either and then when I got into the dr they asked me if I had saved it to bring it in. I wish I would just have had a little heads up about it, but like you I felt better in all ways.

This was my 1st miscarriage also. We are going to start trying again once a cycle or two has passed. I will definitely be a little nervous and anxious though after this. I'm sorry this happened to you and that it had to happen when dh wasn't sure about having more. This is difficult enough let alone having to think about the possiblity of it being your last. I hope you are feeling better!

Old 09-10-2008, 10:34 AM   #8
    dizzygurl17
    (female)

dizzygurl17 HB User

hello paye,
    i'm from the ectopic preg thread and thought i'll find more answers here. my shoulder pain and spotting are gone now so i'm calmer now, i hope i can visit the doctor to get checked soon. thank you for the reply.

mummy of 3,
    i really have nothing to share bout your ultrasound question. just here to tell you that you are not alone. you will be ok, and hope that you be a mummy of 4 in the future. =)

chatting with you guys really helps. specially for me coz i can't let anyone know bout what i'm going through (or else i'll be sleeping on the streets. hehe). only one i can talk to is my bf. he is concerned and all but he's no taking it as seriously. I'm like "I'm passing lots of gooeys balls of blood, i'm really dizzy, and my shoulder hurts. HELLO, I CAN DIE?!" and he's like "you're gonna be ok honey, i read that if something goes wrong, you will have fever. you're perfectly fine."

arghhh! sorry for ranting.. =(

Old 09-10-2008, 03:13 PM   #9
    Paye
    (female)

Paye HB User

dizzygurl,

I'm glad you're feeling better! It is a scary thing to go through especially when you can't tell anyone! We weren't going to tell many people about our pregnancy until I was further along so not many people knew about ours so these boards also really helped me. Plus, it's easier to talk to someone who has been through it! My husband is very sweet and supportive, but sometimes they just don't get it! You gotta give them credit for trying!

Glad to hear your are feeling better!!

Old 09-12-2008, 09:37 AM   #10
    mummyof_3
    (female)

mummyof_3 HB User

I guess I was holding on to a miracle, that I might still be pg. Then I got the hgc test results back, and they really droped. I always knew in my heart that is was over, but I needed the concrete numbers in my head. Now I can go on healing. I believe the physical part is ending I am on day 3 with practally to bleeding. Now it is time for emotional healing.

I am going to be soo scared it I got pg again, I don't think I could go through this again!!

Old 09-12-2008, 02:52 PM   #11
    Paye
    (female)

Paye HB User

Once all of my physical symtoms ended I was then able to begin healing emotionally also. It has been almost 2 weeks for me and I am now starting to have some positive thoughts about being pregnant again, that's not to say that I'm not extremely nervous and anxious about getting pregnant. So give yourself a little more time mummy. Once your body begins to feel better you will too emotionally hopefully. Also, as I have been reading the pregnancy boards and ttc boards lately, I realize how many women have been through this and now have healthy, happy pregancies and babies. It's still so fresh so give yourself more time to heal! Take care of yourself and pamper yourself a little right now!

Closed Thread