It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

• Twin to twin syndrome

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-17-2009, 07:15 AM   #1
    Valentines day
    (female)

Valentines day HB User
    Twin to twin syndrome

Hi there
    9 years ago on Valentines day my first daughter was born alive after 20 weeks of pregnancy. Needless to say she didn't live very long and the second twin was stillborn shortly afterwards. I had very little pain and had been having a perfect pregnancy up till then.

Just recently I got talking to a neighbour who in the same year lost one of her twins to ttts. The doctors were able to split the placenta so that her other daughter would survive.

I had never heard of ttts until then as the doctors told me it was something that "just happened".

Does anyone know anything about this syndrome that can help me? Although its 9 nine years on and I have two beautiful children I can't help thinking that maybe my twins could have been saved if they had been diagnosed earlier with ttts.

Thanks
    Valentines day

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2009, 06:23 PM   #2
    mommyx5
    (female)

mommyx5 HB User
    Re: Twin to twin syndrome

My twin boys had ttts. We found out at 14 weeks they had it, we tried to remove some fluid around the recipient twin, so it would be easier on him. Plan was to have the surgery at 21 weeks, and then deliver the twins at 28 weeks. (they had a severe case of ttts). But at 19 weeks we lost both of them. They told me if twins develope ttts in the first trimester, the results is usually fetal desmise. The later they get ttts, the better off they are. ( Although not having it at all is the best of cource).

Old 02-20-2009, 01:11 AM   #3
    Valentines day
    (female)

Valentines day HB User
    Re: Twin to twin syndrome

I just wondered when ttts became known to the medical world because my doctors obviously knew nothing about it. When I concieved my daughter they put a stitch in my cervix in case I had an incompetent cervix.

Closed Thread