It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Miscarriage & Still Birth Message Board

• Miscarriage and depression

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-05-2014, 03:46 PM   #1
    My last nerve
    (female)

My last nerve HB User
    Miscarriage and depression

About two months ago I had an early miscarriage. I didn't miss a day of work and felt that staying at home would be a waste of time and only drive me to dwell on something that I could not change. It was a Monday morning I was at work when I realized that the day before, I had a miscarriage and was bleeding. I was losing the pregnancy. I did not know what to do and I do not know how I felt at that time. Two weeks after the miscarriage, I became unable to work. I have been off since then. I went through a lot of stress which I hear doesn't impact the chances of a miscarriage. It has been more difficult that I thought it would be. I had a lot of anxiety about having another child. 13 years prior I had a pregnancy that was filled with emotional pain and went through postpartum and other health issues. It took me a lot of processing to get to a point where I felt I could go on and have the children I always wanted but now, I'm paralyzed with anxiety and depression and don't know how to work through this. I don't know what I'm looking for but I know that I need to reach out and try...something.

The following user gives a hug of support to My last nerve:
    mmisty (09-06-2014)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2014, 07:43 PM   #2
    mmisty
    (female)

mmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB User
    Re: Miscarriage and depression

I had a miscarriage years ago. What helped me most was talking with women who had experienced one or more. Noone understands it unless you have experienced it. It gave me hope. One friend said to feel the pain & grieve which I did. I decided to try again (didn't wait) & gave birth to a healthy baby.

Closed Thread