It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mononucleosis Message Board

• Just found out I have EBV

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-23-2016, 04:42 PM   #1
    lagger
    (female)

lagger HB User
    Just found out I have EBV

Of course there is a message board on Healthboards for mono!! Hope one/some of you can give some advice.

I got mono when I was 17....really bad: high fever, blisters on throat, couldn't swallow, nausea/throwing up. I recovered surprisingly quickly.

I'm 46 now. This fall my acid reflux was irritated, so I had to cut out my coffee/caffeine, plus no alcohol. Winter was ROUGH!! No caffeine to get me through dark days, couldn't sip wine and sit with my husband laughing at shows at night....I was a zombie falling asleep. If we drove in the car, I was instantly in nap mode. I thought for awhile it was the lack of caffeine, but that should have worn off after a month or so. In December I went to my OB and complained of fatigue. She tested iron levels and my ferratin was low, she said to take supplements.

A few weeks ago my son had a stomach bug, I had a night of basically no sleep. The circles under my eyes were the DARKEST I had ever seen!!! My husband said it looked like I've been beat up!! (yay concealer).

Two days ago I had a follow up check up with my OB, discussed my iron levels and wasn't sure if my supplement did anything? She then suspected Epstein Barr. Well, yesterday I got results that it shows in my blood. Other than fatigue, I have no other symptoms.

I actually have a younger sister I haven't seen since Christmas who about a month ago had flu like symptoms and she was diagnosed with mono.

My questions....am I contagious to anyone? I am married, have kids. Should I be concerned about anything else?

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2016, 04:46 PM   #2
    SOE
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User
    Re: Just found out I have EBV

Hi there,

You are contagious is you swap saliva. Kissing... sharing drinks, food or utensils.

If you don't share your saliva with anyone, they can't catch it from you.

I just found out that I have it for the 3rd time and my only symptom is fatigue.

The Following User Says Thank You to SOE For This Useful Post:
    lagger (03-24-2016)
    Closed Thread