It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mononucleosis Message Board

• Skin burning sensation? Anyone else ?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-01-2016, 07:20 PM   #1
    Ladybandit08
    (female)

Ladybandit08 HB User
    Skin burning sensation? Anyone else ?

Almost 2 weeks ago I was diagnosed with mono. My swollen glands in my neck have went down and my throat is better but I am still extremely fatigued. It's so hard because I have three small kids but it is what it is.

Something new started last night where it feels as though parts of my skin are burning and extremely sensitive to touch. I also have anxiety so this is freaking me out. It's on my left upper leg and the left side of my torso. It's so hard to explain, it hurts to touch as though my skin has a sunburn.

I plan on speaking with my doctor as soon as I can but figured I would ask here if anyone ever had this sensation with mono.

Thank you .

The following user gives a hug of support to Ladybandit08:
    SOE (12-02-2016)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2016, 09:41 PM   #2
    SOE
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User
    Re: Skin burning sensation? Anyone else ?

I'm so sorry for what you are going through. I've had mono 3 times now (I have stupid immune system). I can't imagine dealing with the exhaustion and then having pain on top of that.

I don't know what the pain is from, but just wanted to give you some empathy. Let me know what your doctor says.

Take care.

SOE

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ladybandit08 View Post
    Almost 2 weeks ago I was diagnosed with mono. My swollen glands in my neck have went down and my throat is better but I am still extremely fatigued. It's so hard because I have three small kids but it is what it is.

Something new started last night where it feels as though parts of my skin are burning and extremely sensitive to touch. I also have anxiety so this is freaking me out. It's on my left upper leg and the left side of my torso. It's so hard to explain, it hurts to touch as though my skin has a sunburn.

I plan on speaking with my doctor as soon as I can but figured I would ask here if anyone ever had this sensation with mono.

Thank you .

Old 12-18-2016, 05:47 AM   #3
    HateMono
    (male)

HateMono HB User

Hello LadyBandit,

I was diagnosed with Mono just a few days ago (although probably had it for 2.5 weeks now, it's just that my Dr couldn't figure it out) and I get those skin burning sensations too. I mostly get it in my hands and feet but not quite as badly as you've described though. Just wanted to share that I guess it is a normal thing and not something to be overly worried about.

Edit: Now that it is a few weeks after your post, have you recovered yet?

Last edited by HateMono; 12-18-2016 at 05:48 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to HateMono For This Useful Post:
    SOE (12-18-2016)
    Old 12-18-2016, 09:25 AM   #4
    SOE
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User

Hi HateMono! Welcome to the boards!

Thanks for your response, that's very helpful! I hope you heal quickly!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by HateMono View Post
    Hello LadyBandit,

I was diagnosed with Mono just a few days ago (although probably had it for 2.5 weeks now, it's just that my Dr couldn't figure it out) and I get those skin burning sensations too. I mostly get it in my hands and feet but not quite as badly as you've described though. Just wanted to share that I guess it is a normal thing and not something to be overly worried about.

Edit: Now that it is a few weeks after your post, have you recovered yet?

Closed Thread