It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mononucleosis Message Board

• Sore throat late in the process?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-07-2017, 08:37 AM   #1
    occharactersrp
    (female)

occharactersrp HB User
    Sore throat late in the process?

Hello everyone,

My mono symptoms started nearly 3 weeks ago now (December 22). It started off with a constant headache that lasted 5 days and a mild sore throat that had no white spots and was easy to swallow with. My initial mono test came back negative (probably because it was still early). I just had a rapid mono test two days ago with came back positive. The next day I developed a sore throat that has the nasty white spots and everything. Isn't this a little late to be getting the sore throat? Nearly 3 weeks in? Should I be concerned? I feel like I should be getting better by now.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2017, 09:03 AM   #2
    SOE
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User
    Re: Sore throat late in the process?

Hi Sarah, welcome to the boards.

You should check with your doctor, but it sounds like your mono could be getting worse. It can take 6 weeks or several months for someone to get over mono -- depending on the person -- and depending if you are trying to work through it.

If you are still going to school -- or going to work -- it's going take a long time to get over it because the biggest thing for mono is rest.

You should ask your doctor -- and also looks into taking extra vitamin supplements while you are fighting it.

I hope you feel better soon.
    SOE

Closed Thread