It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mononucleosis Message Board

• Drugstore monospot test

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-11-2017, 07:50 PM   #1
    wozniack
    (female)

wozniack HB User
    Post Drugstore monospot test

Has anyone ever had a monospot test done at a drugstore (Walgreens, CVS)? If so, did you have a lot of blood drawn or was it just a finger p.rick? I ask because ever since February I have had blood drawn 3 times, and I'm looking at another blood test very soon due to another health issue.

What seemed like a lot of blood was drawn on the first test in which I tested positive for mono. I would hate to go through all that again just to see if I'm still positive. Seems like a drugstore would use a simple monospot testing kit where they just p.rick your finger, but what do I know? Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2017, 09:48 PM   #2
    SOE
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User
    Re: Drugstore monospot test

Quote:
    Originally Posted by wozniack View Post
    Has anyone ever had a monospot test done at a drugstore (Walgreens, CVS)? If so, did you have a lot of blood drawn or was it just a finger p.rick? I ask because ever since February I have had blood drawn 3 times, and I'm looking at another blood test very soon due to another health issue.

What seemed like a lot of blood was drawn on the first test in which I tested positive for mono. I would hate to go through all that again just to see if I'm still positive. Seems like a drugstore would use a simple monospot testing kit where they just p.rick your finger, but what do I know? Thanks.
    Hi Wozniack,

I looked it up and it could be a finger p.rick test -- or they can draw blood. So you should just call around to your local pharmacies and ask them how they do it. Then again -- if you are getting another blood test soon, why don't you just ask them to check you for mono again while they are collecting blood anyway?

Last edited by SOE; 06-11-2017 at 09:50 PM.

Old 06-11-2017, 10:42 PM   #3
    wozniack
    (female)

wozniack HB User
    Re: Drugstore monospot test

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SOE View Post
    Hi Wozniack,

I looked it up and it could be a finger p.rick test -- or they can draw blood. So you should just call around to your local pharmacies and ask them how they do it. Then again -- if you are getting another blood test soon, why don't you just ask them to check you for mono again while they are collecting blood anyway?
    I may do that if the pharmacies don't do a finger p.rick test. I just remember how much blood they took when they tested me for mono, and how bad I felt afterward (nauseous, dizzy, etc.). If I can get away with a finger p.rick test the better off I will be. I just don't want to weaken myself down before I go in for more testing (blood work and CT scan), and a possible surgery.

I may hold off until mid-August on the mono test. I think I may still be having flu like symptoms, though I have been feeling better as of late...

The following user gives a hug of support to wozniack:
    SOE (06-12-2017)
    Reply Reply