It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mononucleosis Message Board

5th week with mono

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-07-2018, 08:46 AM   #1
Seanony
(male)

Seanony HB User
5th week with mono

Iím a 49 year old man, who has has an IGA deficiency his whole life( compromised immune system) and was recently diagnosed with mono. I have never been this sick in my life. This was my 5th week and with all of my research, it seemed to be the text book end of the course of the virus.
Then I joined a few forums because I believed it was lasting longer. I was right. itís a catch 22 feeling, knowing 4-5weeks may just be the beginning, but also knowing there are others for whom the virus lasts a very long time.

Please tell me how you cope. Not knowing what youíre going to get from day to day. In and out of fatigue and struggle, waiting for relief, from supplements others have suggested, waiting for the body to embrace some form of energy...

Iím self employed. Iím a single dad. Iíve done physical contracting work for 30yrs. I have to work. I have to force my way through days where Iím at 50% at best.
My partner has done all she can to support me emotionally, but sheís hit a wall. The patience is waning.

Please, any encouragement would be calming and helpful.

Sean

The following user gives a hug of support to Seanony:
SOE (02-27-2018)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2018, 11:51 AM   #2
Cayroo
(male)

Cayroo HB User
Re: 5th week with mono

Sean, Thank you for sharing what you are going through. I also have IgA deficiency and I suffered for many years from severe sinus headaches before I came up with a treatment that worked for me and then helped lead me getting tested and diagnosed for IgA deficiency. I have another thread on this site that speaks to this under headache pain. What was helpful for me and has given me back a fairly normal life, except for taking medicine 3x a day, was the discovery of using antibiotics directly into my sinuses. My immunologist now has a compounding pharmacy make this up for me and this treatment has been a huge relief for me for several years now. I suffered for 12 years before that with constant pain, sickness, and sinus infections. I first started my treatment by grinding up an antibiotic capsule and chopping it up fine and then snorting it up into my sinuses. It may be a way for you to find if this kind of treatment works for you. I honor you for asking for help even through such intense suffereing!

Last edited by Cayroo; 01-08-2018 at 11:55 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Cayroo:
SOE (02-27-2018)
Old 01-08-2018, 03:41 PM   #3
htr
(female)

htr HB User

I had it many years ago. It's VERY important to take good rest. Be patient, it will heal with rest.

The Following User Says Thank You to htr For This Useful Post:
SOE (02-27-2018)
Old 02-26-2018, 09:28 PM   #4
SOE
Facilitator
(female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User

Seanony -- I'm sorry I missed your post.

How are you feeling?

Reply Reply