It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Mononucleosis Message Board

Help please

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-01-2014, 04:20 PM   #1
K0238485
(male)

K0238485 HB User
Help please

Swollen lymph nodes and mono
Back in November I went to the doc with fatigue. She did my blood work and I had a low WBC count at 3.1 she thought I was fighting a virus. I found a few swollen lymph nodes in my neck. Dec 2nd she tested me for ebv virus aka mono. My ebv titters showed I had active mono. Since then I've had swollen glands in my under arms and small ones in groin. I had a ct of neck and chest. The only thing that was found was the small ones in my neck. It's now feb 1st the nodes are still swollen but my fatigue has gotten much better. My question is is it normal to have lymph nodes swollen this long? It's been 3 monthS since the 1st ones popped up. They haven't grown and some hurt so don't. Should I worry?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2014, 07:15 PM   #2
SOE
Facilitator
(female)

SOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB UserSOE HB User
Re: Help please

I don't know the answer to the question, but I wanted to welcome you to the boards. Hopefully someone will have information for you soon.

I did look around a bit on the Internet and it looks like they might remain swollen for a few months with some people. But I would check in with your doctor -- or maybe get a second opinion for peace of mind.

Take care.

Last edited by SOE; 02-01-2014 at 07:16 PM.

Reply Reply