It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board

Update.

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-08-2018, 05:42 PM   #1
Nae948
(female)

Nae948 HB User
Update.

Hello there i know itís been a while since I posted. My last MRI was in July which showed three new small lesions. When my neuro got the results back she said she wants to switch my medication to Tysabri(spelling) because she also feels like the Tecfidera was not working for me. But i stop taking my meds last year in April i know it was wrong on my end to stop taking with letting her know. I was going through a dark depression at the time and quite frankly i still am. I want to continue the Tecfidera and give it one more try, but she wonít let me. the thought of being on Tysabri scares the living hell out of me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2018, 05:46 PM   #2
MSJayhawk
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: Update.

Nae948,

No worries. Treating the depression is important and can help your struggle with MS. As to taking medication- No one can force you to take a certain medication nor any medication. You are a sentient being with the free will to make informed decisions. My doctor would never force a medication on any patient. If you want a medication and it works for you, then go that route. If you take some MS meds, you need to make sure you are properly monitored and that you are aware of any warning signs that trouble may present.
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Reply Reply