It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board

• question about hand week, pain, heavy, clench

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-01-2019, 03:03 PM   #1
    shahila
    (female)

shahila HB Usershahila HB Usershahila HB Usershahila HB Usershahila HB User
    question about hand week, pain, heavy, clench

Hello. I hope all are feeling good, despite everything !
    I wonder if you share the same experience.
    One of my hands doesn't feel numb but it feels very weak, heavy, and in pain ..... I can feel inflammation in it ... .

I also feel i automatically clench my hand to decrease its pain.
    Has it happened to you too?
    do you have a solution to help with it?
    many thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2019, 04:57 PM   #2
    MSJayhawk
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
    Re: question about hand week, pain, heavy, clench

Thanks for your question, shahila. In the summer months this happens often to me. Usually it is my right hand. While stretching helps, when the pain hits I will soak my hand in cold water. I do not know if it will help you. In the winter the cold weather is a bigger problem and I wear gloves to keep my hands warm and free of pain.
    Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Old 06-01-2019, 06:57 PM   #3
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Shahila, we all have different symptoms, but what you describe happens to my feet. ... Its awful. I stand up and all the sudden my one foot will feel weak, hurt- similar to what you are describing.

There isnt much I can do about it. I was told to try Lyrica and Gabapentin, but neither worked at all and I gave up after 3 months of playing with different dosages.

Have you talked to your neuro? Does he/ she have any suggestions?

Old 06-02-2019, 05:03 AM   #4
    shahila
    (female)

thanks for this information. the doctor said the same .... well this always existed but it got worse after 2 sessions of Chiro to help with muscle tightness in general ... it helped significantly ... but I also felt it increased inflammation in my left part and these few days I got these problems.. he said use cold ice too. but I m sometimes forgetting what to do considering that there r so many things to do
    thanks for your help and I wish you a great day..
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MSJayhawk View Post
    Thanks for your question, shahila. In the summer months this happens often to me. Usually it is my right hand. While stretching helps, when the pain hits I will soak my hand in cold water. I do not know if it will help you. In the winter the cold weather is a bigger problem and I wear gloves to keep my hands warm and free of pain.

Old 06-02-2019, 05:09 AM   #5
    shahila
    (female)

dear Niky thank you, I responded to Jhayk above ... about what happened and the recommendation I got ... I remember from few years ago you mentioned you hadn't told to work about your condition .... I remember jhawk had said .. recently at work due to lack of space they were (still in progress) going to assign me to an office with no window .... I get breathing problems immediately ... my head of school is supportive ... but there is another head who shares the same floor with us ... they have org politics between each other and she doesn't allow me to stay in the room with window ... short to say ... they sent me to occupational health .. HR is also supportive ... I had to say to occupational health ,.. I had no other way . such a shame because I am more productive than any others at work. still the org politics exist and I don't know the result of what happened. we have meeting this Tuesday or wed I think .... but I feel the way HR and head of school looked at me after the report came is different .,,, obviously they tend to be supportive due to law .. but I m talking about personal relationships.. I hate feeling that ppl look at me as if she is weak. I m not weak I m creative and find ways to adapt.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MSNik View Post
    Shahila, we all have different symptoms, but what you describe happens to my feet. ... Its awful. I stand up and all the sudden my one foot will feel weak, hurt- similar to what you are describing.

There isnt much I can do about it. I was told to try Lyrica and Gabapentin, but neither worked at all and I gave up after 3 months of playing with different dosages.

Have you talked to your neuro? Does he/ she have any suggestions?

Old 06-02-2019, 09:24 PM   #6
    MSJayhawk
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

shahila,

Chiropractors can help, but manipulations can cause problems. MS experienced chino or masseuses are good and your doctor might be able to assist you. My last two masseuses were MS competent and I never had any symptoms triggered.

I have found that staying hydrated and daily stretches help me. You might also get your calcium and magnesium levels checked because these can also trigger muscle problems. Also get your D levels checked. Your regular doctor can order the blood tests to check you vitamin and mineral levels.
    Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Old 06-03-2019, 12:48 PM   #7
    shahila
    (female)

Thanks.. I agree with you .. I see him on Wed again .. The first time was great so I think he thought I am stronger Yes; He said to have magnesium pills and ... I am also using a spray of magnesium with essential oils before sleep that is really helpful- also helped with my sleep.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MSJayhawk View Post
    shahila,

Chiropractors can help, but manipulations can cause problems. MS experienced chino or masseuses are good and your doctor might be able to assist you. My last two masseuses were MS competent and I never had any symptoms triggered.

I have found that staying hydrated and daily stretches help me. You might also get your calcium and magnesium levels checked because these can also trigger muscle problems. Also get your D levels checked. Your regular doctor can order the blood tests to check you vitamin and mineral levels.

Old 06-03-2019, 01:29 PM   #8
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User

Dear shahila,

To get the benefit of magnesium, it is best to take it orally. I am pretty sure magnesium is not properly absorbed through the skin.

Old 06-03-2019, 01:35 PM   #9
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User

Dear shahila,

To get the benefit of magnesium, it is best to take it orally.
    Here is reliable information ~
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5579607/

Old 06-03-2019, 01:46 PM   #10
    shahila
    (female)

Hello Yaya.
    I see... the doctor said to have it orally too.
    I was still tempted to have both because the spray felt good.
    Many thanks for reminding.

Reply Reply