It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board

• MRI results

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-07-2019, 03:59 AM   #1
    orava
    (female)

orava HB User
    MRI results

Two weeks ago I woke up at night to use the bedroom and when I got out of bed I fell because my left gave out. It took maybe 15-20 seconds before I could get up, and went to the bathroom with the help of the wall. I wasn't sleeping on my leg weird or anything like that, it just gave out. Every since then, my left leg has had a weird sensation. I don't really know how to describe the feeling. I guess it tingles, sometimes feel like it's going to give out but never does. It's not constant, but can be pretty often and sometimes it feels quite overwhelming and annoying. I also have a burning sensation in my left leg on occasion as well. However, the sensation have now finally gone down and are only occasionally and slight.

I asked advice from a nurse last Friday and she told me to go to urgent care immediate (she was worried that I may have had a stroke, which I didn't), which I did. A head CT was done, which found "on the right near the posterior part of the lateral ventricle, a fluid density thinning of approximately 5 mm" (sorry if this sounds weird, it's translated from Finnish). As a result, I was admitted to the neurology department for further testing. The neurologist wanted to to an MRI, stating that MS could be a possibility giving my age (31, female) but not necessarily. Neurological function tests were also done and normal, and the MRI was done on Monday (the referral stated demyelination? other possible pathologies?). The radiologists report states:
    Quote:
    There are a few signal abnormalities in the area of the brain that are consistent with loose perivascular spaces (one of which was also seen in the CT scan). No suspicious signal changes are detected. No contrast enhancers. Liquid spaces are of normal size.
    The neurologist conclusion was that the abnormalities seen in the images are just "benign perivascular spaces".
    Quote:
    The symptom is indicative of benignity, no obvious cause for the patient's sensory disorder now appears. Usually the sensory disorder settles with time. The patient may remain with the sensation. However, if loss of strength occurs in addition to sensory disturbances, seek emergency medical attention.

Anyway, the neurologist told me when I first saw him that me sensations sound like they come from the spinal cord level, so I was wondering if maybe he should have done a spinal cord MRI as well?

(Also, when I was in the hospital Friday night, I woke up to an electrical shock sensation throughout my body. I was sleeping with my arms above my head and the sensation traveled from my arms down through my body, ending at the feet. Should I have mentioned this to the neurologist? I mean to, but forgot. I was also a bit scared to because maybe it was just the result of me not sleeping well in the hospital and I didn't want him to think I was crazy. It was a really strong sensation.)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply