It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board

• Can't seem to heal from falling

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-20-2020, 10:51 AM   #1
    firemom31
    (female)

firemom31 HB Userfiremom31 HB User
    Can't seem to heal from falling

Last Wednesday I fell on my porch, landing on my right side. I sustained significant deep bruises to my hip and thigh, a deep laceration on my arm, and some light bruising on my ribcage and waist area. I was very sore the next day, of course. Less than 48 hours later I fell again, landing on the same side. This time I landed on a chair and potted plant. It's been 2 days and I still can't move without horrible spasm in my side. Just raising my arm sets off the spasm. Trying to stand up brings me to tears. I am assuming the relentless spasms are related to MS and will heal eventually, but wanted to check in with others to see if they've experienced anything similar. I thought about going back to the doctor, but other than the ice/heat and muscle relaxers I'm already using, I doubt there's much else he could do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2020, 01:22 AM   #2
    MSJayhawk
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
    Re: Can't seem to heal from falling

When the nervous system is on the fritz the body might not properly message the healing centers. It might delay the healing. My ankle has never knitted and survives because of two plates and ten screws.

Reply Reply