It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board

• Confused

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-24-2020, 07:59 AM   #1
    Preserved60
    (female)

Preserved60 HB UserPreserved60 HB User
    Confused

I have been dxed with PPMS since 2013. Main issue that was a problem was weakness in right leg and foot.
    Today I am dealing with MS and benzo withdrawal syndrome. Presently withdrawing from 29 years use of Xanax. I am 16 months into tapering. I mention this because symptoms resemble MS. As a result I no longer know what is MS related and what is benzo related.

I have had MS hug before and it was tolerable and not handicapping. I have been having spasms from my pelvic area, in my abdomen and up to my chest 4 weeks now almost non stop. It is disabling and tiring. I am not able to function. I do not have an MS neuro and I called the office of the neuro I see but he wont call me back. A lot has changed regarding hospital and doctors since the pandemic.

Does MS hug behave like this? People in the benzo groups have said they experience similar spasms but it is confusing for me as I have MS also.

Thanks and be safe everyone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2020, 06:57 PM   #2
    MSJayhawk
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
    Re: Confused

Your experience with the MS hug can vary. I would call it a hug based on what you shared.

Old 12-14-2020, 10:54 PM   #3
    Preserved60
    (female)

Preserved60 HB UserPreserved60 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MSJayhawk View Post
    Your experience with the MS hug can vary. I would call it a hug based on what you shared.
    Thank you. Would it be nonstop and last this long? This is week 6 and presently still on. I even up my doses of Baclofen and gabapentin and no difference. I also went back up on the valium out of desperation.

Old 01-10-2021, 09:52 PM   #4
    MSJayhawk
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

I would check with the prescribing doctor and speak to them about your withdrawals and if MSers have concerns.

Reply Reply