It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board

• "White Marks" on MRI Sacn MS?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-06-2004, 12:41 PM   #1
    MadB

MadB HB User
    "White Marks" on MRI Sacn MS?

Hello Board,

After being diagnosed with Labyrinthitis by three doctors I was sent for an "routine" MRI scan. The consultant was so sure that there was nothing would be found that he did not arrange another appointment.

A couple of weeks ago I got a call from the ENT doctor saying that they couldn't find anything directly related to the Labyrinthistis on the scan, but that there were "white marks" which he could not interpret and was therefore sending it to a neurologist.

I have an appointment there in two weeks, but can anyone shed any light on what this might be? From the research I have done, "white spots" are an indicator of MS. Is it likely that they could mean this?

For info: I still feel off balance and slighty dizzy most of the time, I also get tired easily, apart from that (!) my health is O.K.
    Thanks

MadB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2004, 12:50 PM   #2
    Mom_of_two

Mom_of_two HB User
    Re: "White Marks" on MRI Sacn MS?

Hello! I'm not familiar with Labyrinthitis. What exactly is it? As for the white spots, they are generally known as "lesions" and indicate MS. They can be found on the brain or spine. Best way to dx MS is by MRI and/or lumbar puncture (spinal). I'm sure when you see the neuro he/she can tell you more about these white spots. I know I have heard of other things that can cause them, not just MS, so I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet if I were you. Hoping the best for you! Please keep us updated on how you are. Take care!

Closed Thread