It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board

• Does this sound like potentially MS?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-16-2004, 02:11 PM   #1
    jkc120

jkc120 HB User
    Does this sound like potentially MS?

I posted this in the Neuropathy forum for lack of a better location, and I found some info on MS, and some of it sounded similiar to my symptoms. I apologize if this doesn't belong here, I'm not sure where to post it at this point!

Recently I've started having some symptoms that have frightenend me. I went to the doctor, but I described these neurological (at least I think they're neurological) symptoms in addition to some stomach symptoms I was having. Unfortunately, they decided to pursue the stomach issues and get a stool sample, and to put the neuro stuff I had on hold until those tests came back.

In the mean time, I'm pretty scared with these symptoms.

Almost a month ago, I noticed some weakness in my forearms and sluggishness of my hands. It almost feels like it does when your forearms get really cold and you can't move your fingers with much dexterity. I've also noticed a general weakness in my arms in general (e.g. even holding up my cell phone for extended periods of time made felt tiring) and minor trembles in my fingers, more so in my pointer finger and thumb, but I can tell the entire hand doens't feel right.

The other symptoms I've had that have scared me are some tingling in the back/top of my head, which I've had in the past for a few minutes at a time, but recently they've been extended. And I've also been seeing a small blue spot flash in my vision randomly. I notice it every so often. it's very strange.

I've always had neck/shoulder pain and I've learned to kind of live with it, but I'm always rubbing my neck and felt a lump along the back side of my neck. Very small, and the doctor couldn't really feel it, but you need to feel with the tip of your finger to feel it. Could be a lymph node, dunno, but it's not mobile.

I can go into the other stomach issues I've seen, but in a nutshell I've had a minor "warm" sensation in my intestinal area as well as lower back aching and abdominal almost 'bloating' (though I'm a male, best way I can to describe it).

So does anyone know what the head tingling, blue spot and/or weakness in my forearms and almost trembling I'm having in my hands/forearms might be?

I've had a cbc, hepatic and renal screens, chest extra and urine test, but I don't know what they were looking for. The cbc/hepatic/renal were in response to the stomach issues a while ago (3+ weeks), and the chest extra and urine test were done a few weeks ago also.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2004, 02:26 PM   #2
    jkc120

jkc120 HB User
    Re: Does this sound like potentially MS?

Oops, I forgot to mention that I've lost a bit of weight recently (not sure exactly how much, but I'd guess about 10 pounds, 160 or so to 150 or slightly less). I've also noticed some stiffness in my legs if I sit with my legs crossed indian style for any extended period of time.

Thanks all!

Closed Thread