It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board

What's wrong with me?? - please help!!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-09-2005, 09:36 PM   #1
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 267
LonelyTraveler HB User
Red face What's wrong with me?? - please help!!


I am a 42 year old male with a history of allergies, anxiety, hypochondria, panic attacks, etc. For the past several months if I look at something head-on, I see it normally but if I turn my head slightly to the left or right (while maintaining focus on the object), I see an overlapping image (or double vision if I turn my head really far to the left or right while focusing on the same object). The farther away the object, the greater the double-vision effect). My left eye is very blurry and if I close my right eye and only use my left one, everything looks "drop-shadowed" (especially text). I have had Exotropia (I'm "walleyed") in my left eye my entire life and had surgery when I was 7 years old. I also have moderate to severe farsightedness (Hyperopia). Finally, I have taken benzodiazepines (Xanax, Ativan, Valium, etc) for years now for severe anxiety and panic attacks and more recently, Atarax (both of which can cause visual problems - including double-vision) but I don't remember having this problem until just recently (last few months). Had an episode of severe vertigo a week ago. I also get floaters, blurred vision and about a year ago I had sparkles in my eyes that lasted 3 days. I was thinking about having a CT scan or MRI but I'm not sure which one would be best for eliminating any possible brain disorders (or does this sound like just a visual problem?).

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated and thank you for reading this.

- Lonely Traveler

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 08-09-2005, 09:57 PM   #2
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 315
shellymay HB User
Re: What's wrong with me?? - please help!!


I know that you are afraid and that is normal with any symptom that you are having. To ease your mind I would have an MRI instead of a CT scan because the MRI can pick up more than the CT scan. Also, when you have the MRI make sure that you have it with contrast. I would also see an eye doctor. Your problems may only be with your eyes. I know people that have eye problems and it can also make them dizzy from their eyes. Maybe you should go to the eye doctor first, being that is your symptom and if everything is okay then have the MRI. That way you don't have the expense of the MRI unless you absolutely need it. Also, eye doctors can sometimes see things with their special equipment that can tell if you have another problem. I will pray for you!! Hand it over to the Lord and He will help you through this.


Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:52 PM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
© 1998-2018 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!