It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board

• Electrical Shock Question

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-19-2005, 09:51 AM   #1
    KelliD
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

KelliD HB User
    Question Electrical Shock Question

You know...if we're going to have to deal with MS, it sure would be easier if our symptoms weren't so varied, wouldn't it? Well, I have a question about today's affliction.

Anyone else ever experience what feels like hard, electrical shocks simultaneously in the wrist, bend of the elbow, armpit and side of the head? I don't know if this is MS, a pinched nerve, or something else.

It's happening in my left arm. I thought about going to the hospital, but I was just there about 3 or 4 months ago with MS-related chest pain. They did a full series on my heart to be safe...it's in great shape. And the ER doc didn't seem all that knowledgeable about MS, so I am hesitant to go again...and have the same tests again...yada yada yada.

It would help to know if any of you have experienced such a sensation and what, if anything, you did about it.

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2005, 01:43 PM   #2
    fancycanelady
    (female)

fancycanelady HB User
    Re: Electrical Shock Question

Kelli,
    While I haven't had the electrical pain in the places you have, I have had them of late in my lower left leg (knee down) along with a very painful spasm. Enough to wake me from a dead sleep. They lasted 2 days and nights, but today, thankfully, they are gone. I also get very bad electrical shocks shooting out of the tips of my toes on my right foot. I've had that for years, but never quite get used to them! Hope yours are temporary too!

Old 08-19-2005, 01:50 PM   #3
    lilc
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lilc HB User

Dang it, Kelli, I was about to post that I've had some funny ab spasms the past couple of day (a prior post of yours) and now you are overly electrified! Can't keep up with you, DJ!

Old 08-19-2005, 02:31 PM   #4
    KelliD
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

KelliD HB User

YOU started it lilc!!!! LOL!

I put on my arm bracefor carpal tunnel...tight...and the shocks stopped. I am guessing it was the not the MS but the CTS.

Old 08-19-2005, 03:27 PM   #5
    paula_k22
    (female)

paula_k22 HB User

Hi, i'm Paula. I was diagnosed with MS a couple of months ago.

I had a pain in my left arm when ever I bent my elbow a while ago. The only way I could descibe it was like an electric shock. It lasted about 6 hours and every time I bent my arm i got a shooting electric shock feeling from my elbow into my last 3 fingers. It was a bit like I'd hit my funny bone. That was a couple of months ago and I haven't had it since then.

I went to my GP and he didn't seem too concerned, he just said it was a symptom of MS.

Hope it is just temporary for you, like it was for me.

Old 08-19-2005, 03:43 PM   #6
    KelliD
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

KelliD HB User

Thanks for the encouragement, Paula. I am experiencing it again even as I type this message.

Where in your leftarm was the shock? Forearm? Upper arm? My would hit in rapid succession from wrist, to elbow to in my left armpit. Very disconcerting. Right now it's just in my upper arm.

Closed Thread