It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board

• "mild" MS?? Why do I feel so bad?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-19-2005, 06:25 PM   #1
    MIAMIMOMMY
    (female)

MIAMIMOMMY HB User
    "mild" MS?? Why do I feel so bad?

Anyone feel like this? My MD says it is safer to go ahead and be on copaxone..but makes me feel like a whiner when i tell him my symptoms...i feel like because i have not had a major incident of paralysis or vision loss( only lhermitte's sign and lesion in the cervical spine and several in the brain..and major fatigue...) he does not think any symptoms are MS related. He says I should be able to go on with life as normal..but i have tried and i just don't have it in me....full-time work/business owner and mom to young kids....husband very supportive, but i feel like quitting and nesting with my family.....i have never been a quitter before..very type -a...am i really being a baby? thanks for listening..it helpes to finally say it out loud.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2005, 09:43 PM   #2
    atrixiedix
    (female)

atrixiedix HB User
    Re: "mild" MS?? Why do I feel so bad?

You are definetly not being a baby! I only have one little spot on my brain and a LP that shows inflamation and I feel like I could just die somedays! I get a little cold or flu and it wipes me out for a month. Don't be so hard on yourself, when you don't feel well take it easy and definately don't let your doctor make you feel inadequate. Take care of yourself and nesting with your family if you are able sounds wonderful!

Dixie

Old 11-20-2005, 05:48 AM   #3
    revlcb
    (female)

revlcb HB User

Quote:
    only lhermitte's sign and lesion in the cervical spine and several in the brain..and major fatigue...
    What? This isn't enough to make you feel lousy? Isn't that enough reason to see him for relief?

You, as the sufferer, should be telling your sx to your Dr. so that he can list them in your chart. Make sure he does. If you ever have to go back to find dates of events, it'll be noted...of course you should have your own record as well. I don't trust the Dr./nurses to write everything down.

The signs you stated are definately sx of MS. If he doesn't know this, he needs to do some research.

Lisa

Old 11-20-2005, 07:23 AM   #4
    MIAMIMOMMY
    (female)

MIAMIMOMMY HB User

Thank you both for your replies....I think my MD's attitude has been feeding my own sense of denial re: being diagnosed..thanks for confirming what I'm feeling is different than what all working mothers (without MS) feel.

MIAMI

Closed Thread