It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board

• Can anyone help??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-11-2006, 04:26 PM   #1
    Christian†Mom
    (female)

Christian†Mom HB User
    Can anyone help??

Can anyone help me? I am going to a Nuerologist on the 23rd of march and will be checked for MS.
    Do my symptoms sounds like MS??
    Im a bit worried.

Symptoms

Legs
    Weakness ( trembling feeling)
    Tired feeling
    Heavy feeling
    Pain- Most of the pain is in my lower legs but have just started to get a lot of spasms in upper legs and pain also.
    Aching
    Stabbing/throbbing
    Electrical
    Muscle spasms, more severe in left leg but happens in both. Spasms in both legs.The spasms are constant and they are multiple.
    Numbness and tingling in left foot, started with toes and moved up into my lower leg. No numbness in right leg.
    Top of feet itch intensely on occasion
    Loss of balance and tend to fall to the right

Arms
    Weakness
    Heavy feeling
    Pain-
    Aching
    Stabbing/ throbbing
    Electrical
    Muscle spasms occasionally not daily as in legs.
    Numbness in hands
    Numbness and tingling in left arm
    Itching above outer elbow on both arms ( occasionally)

Hands & Wrist
    Stiffness
    Swelling or feels like swelling
    Clumsy and difficult to perform tasks.
    Aching
    Numbness
    Pins and needles
    Sensitive to cold
    Palms of hands have burned on occasion. Once so badly I called the Dr.

Neck
    Pain often
    Electric pinch. Feels like the pain runs from the top to bottom. From under my head down my neck, on the left side.
    Throbbing pain (same throbbing pain I get all over my body)

Back
    Lower back seems normal, stiff once in a while
    Upper Back, constant pins and needles in right upper back across from shoulder. Feels like something biting at me and it radiates like a electrical feelings, as if its a irritated nerve.
    Flank pain, sometimes unbearable in left side. Happens in both right and left but left is always worse.

Joints
    Pain in all of my joints, can feel crushing aching or throbbing. Sometimes the pain feels like a sprain

Eyes
    Dry
    Itchy
    Burn
    Red
    Blurred vision
    Throbbing pain around eyes (outer edge)
    Aching pain in eyes as if it was punched (outer edge)
    Periodicly see flashes.
    When I take a shower I see silver sparkles out of both eyes.

Head
    Headaches
    Numbness on occasion
    Crackling right jaw (on occasion)
    Shooting pain from jaw into temple (sharp feeling)
    Ringing and humming in ears, left ear a lot worse. Left ear feels clogged up can not hear good out of it. Occasional pain.
    Heat makes me dizzy abd blurs my vision.

Abdominal Area
    Frequent belly aches ( mostly caused by gas) Gas x helps
    IBS ( I think ) I have chronic diaharea
    Constant symptoms of UTI with burning, unable to urinate and the Dr. Says no UTI. After the constant burning for a day or two, I then go to the bathroom with constant urgency and large amounts of urine.

Bottom
    Butt goes numb too.
    Once had a strange tingling, tightning of right buttox, it spread up my lower back and into my waist. It came on and went away several time for two days. I can only describe it as all my nerves were flared and squeezing. I could feel it moving, it was not painful but uncomfortable.

General feeling
    Brain fog at a times
    Memory problems (short term)
    Loss of the right words.
    A am a bit moody at times.
    Often lack energy for more then one week. Small tasks seem impossible, takes every ounce of strength to do small things.
    When I have bouts of no energy, I feel physically worn out and my body just says can not do what we need to do today. When I'm like this I am so tired. I even lack the energy to have a conversation.
    I hurt every day, everywhere. Something hurts, some where everyday. The throbbing pains are not every day. The throbbing pains can happen any where they want and they move around my body. It may be in my wrist, them moves to my shoulder, then on over to the left shoulder,,,,,,,,, then there it will go to my right elbow and then to my ankle. All with in a half of an hour.
    Increased physical activity makes me hurt more.

I am not depressed but so get frustrated with my limitations to be able to do what I need to do, with out pain and excertion.

Newest things happeneing.
    The pain in my eyes
    Woke up with left leg, left arm and left side of head numb.
    Muscle spasms are getting worse, all over legs and now my feet have them. Instead of a few here and there.
    Spasms in Upper Stomach ( have gone away since last Drs. Visit)

How I feel? Tired of being in pain and wondering whats next?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2006, 05:36 PM   #2
    duttin
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User
    Re: Can anyone help??

Welcome,
    I'm glad you are seeing a Neurologist,many of your symptoms do correlate with ms.There are many diseases that mimic ms and it can be a long diagnosis process.Write down your symptoms that you currently have and have had and give a very detailed list to the neuro.Have you had any previous testing?
    Prayers to you
    Toni

Old 02-11-2006, 05:51 PM   #3
    KelliD
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

KelliD HB User

Hi Christian Mom and welcome to the boards! As Toni said, many of your symptoms are consistent with MS. Some are consistent with fibromyalgia...some are consistent with TMJ (I have been diagnosed with all three -I have firsthand experience)

I would suggest you put together a succinct list of what ails you and write down all of your questions before visiting the neuro. This will help him track everything happening with you and will help you keep your thoughts ordered.

Please check back in after the visit and let us know what he said, okay?
    KelliD

Old 02-11-2006, 05:52 PM   #4
    Christian†Mom
    (female)

Christian†Mom HB User

Thank you for writing to me.
    I went to my family Dr. with problems 3 years ago and then saw a Ruemotoligist and he diagnosed me with fibromyalgia. Since then I have gotten so much worse and so many new symptoms. Last summer I had difficulty swollowing and left that out of the list. I also have a irregular heart beat, left that out and I am sure many other annoyances I also left out.
    I am having problems with my hands, they wake me every night with numbness and burning in my fingertips, this has gone on for 4 days now.

I also had that stabbing pain in my right eye last night, it was a month ago I had that for the first time. I'm concerned as my problems do not seem to go away and only get worse as time goes on. I don't even have flares anymore, the good days are far and few in between.

I usualy fall toward the right but today I went to the left and farther then when I go to the right???

Thank you for writing me.

Susan

Last edited by Christian†Mom; 02-11-2006 at 05:53 PM.

Old 02-11-2006, 06:06 PM   #5
    duttin
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User

Try not to stress yourself out to much.With any neurological deficit,stress can be our worse enemy and cause slight symptoms to esculate into huge ones.I know first hand about losing the balance to one side or the other.Have you tried any form of physical therapy?I have found that it does help.I currently suffer from chronic muscle spasms(spasticity)and therapy has helped the muscles and retaining there strength.I still look like a weeble,but hoping that will pass.Be your own advocate and do as much research as you can.Their are several knowledgable people on this board that will answer questions and be here for you through the diagnosis process.
    Toni

Old 02-12-2006, 06:52 AM   #6
    Peanutsmom247
    (female)

Peanutsmom247 HB User

I'll be keeping you in my thoughts. I wish you the best!

Take Care

Old 02-13-2006, 03:50 AM   #7
    Christian†Mom
    (female)

Christian†Mom HB User

My hands are getting better and the pain and numbness is gone. Thank you for your replies and I will be sure to return with questions ect when I go for my visit.

Closed Thread