It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board

• Mri Results

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-22-2006, 06:05 PM   #1
    Burnt Bees
    (female)

Burnt Bees HB User
    Mri Results

Hello Everyone...

I Finally Got My Mri Results Back And They Were Normal. I Did Not Get To Speak With My Neurologist Yet Because He Is Away, But The Results Read "normal Scan Of Brain." My Symptoms Started 2 Months Ago With Blurred Vision In Right Eye Which I Thought Could Be Optic Neuritis. But Wouldnt The Mri Show Inflammation Of My Optic Nerve If It Was? I Have An Appt. With An Opthalmologist And I Will Discuss Further Options With Him. I Just Thought The Mri Would Show Something With The Vision, Not Necessarily Any Lesions Because I Just Started Having Symptoms 2 Months Ago, But At Least Some Kind Of Inflammation. My Symptoms Have Gotten Worse And I Am Going To Make An Appt. With A Different Neurologist For A 2nd Opinion And Try To Get An Mri Of The C-spine Since I Have Terrible Burning Pain In The Back Of My Neck. Maybe A Disc Is Out Of Place Or Something. Gosh This Process Of Diagnosing Is Very Draining. Family Keeps Saying "well Your Results Are All Coming Back Ok (i Have Had Ct Scan Of Brain And Neck, Blood Test & Mri Of Brain) So That Should Make You Feel At Ease." But It Doesnt Because The Symptoms Aren't Getting Better But Worse. Please Someone Give Me Feedback On The Mri Results And Vision Problem...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2006, 06:48 PM   #2
    Peanutsmom247
    (female)

Peanutsmom247 HB User
    Re: Mri Results

>>>>>"Gosh This Process Of Diagnosing Is Very Draining."<<<<<<<

I think most of us can really empathize with you there on that one.

Good luck with everything....

Old 02-22-2006, 07:35 PM   #3
    lestoby
    Inactive
    (female)

lestoby HB User
    Re: Mri Results

Good luck with the OD! I too have blurred vision (intermittent for a few hours at a time) and in no consistent manner.

I have 2 lesions in my R occipital lobe, but no ON. I don't know if ON would show up on an MRI, but I do know that my OD is able to diagnose ON by shining a bright light into your eye.

I had double vision for 3-4 days after my initial attack. I did not get an MRI until almost 4 weeks after my attack. MRI stated the lesions, but nothing about ON.

3 months after my attack, my vision decreased 2 steps in my R eye only, but still no ON. There is no explanation for my eye problems, other than the location of my lesions.

Do you have any other symptoms? Blurred vision could be caused by many different problems.

Old 02-22-2006, 08:22 PM   #4
    Burnt Bees
    (female)

Burnt Bees HB User
    Re: Mri Results-other symptoms

yes i do have other symptoms...burning pain in back of neck... stiffness in joints (fingers,ankles) numbness in left hand (mainly at night when i am laying down), sharp, sporadic pain in different areas of body. my mri came back normal--no lesions. not like i had an "attack" either...just some symptoms that have since remained.. blurred vision is VERY slight and has stayed the same for nearly 2 months.

Closed Thread