It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board

deep tissue shooting pains

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-27-2006, 08:19 PM   #1
baplap
(female)

baplap HB User
deep tissue shooting pains

I have shooting pains that feel like they are either very deep in the muscle, or in the bone, maybe??? I get these all over. A few days ago, it was in my leg. Today it's in my upper arm. It's not a burning (although I do get that burning then wet sensation in my legs sometimes), just a pain that feels like a can't move for that few seconds that it's happening. Is this common? I guess I haven't seen anything like this posted. I'm one of those that hasn't been diagnosed with anything yet. . .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2006, 05:45 AM   #2
duttin
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User
Re: deep tissue shooting pains

Baplap,

I can relate,I'm waiting for a dx also.I get the deep muscle pain,feels as if its in the bones.
I seen a fantastic Doctor at the Cleveland Clinic last week,very thourough and straight forward.She reveiwed all my MRI's and found one consistant with lesions in the cervical neck.One with a lesion in the brain.The lesions in the neck she said is consistant with the pain.She's looking into a polyneuropathy secondary to ms.I have to have a deep muscle emg in 2 weeks.
This is how my symptoms started out.The deep muscle pain,to muscle cramps and now spasticity.
Have you talked to your DR. about the deep muscle pain?

Prayers to you
Toni

Old 02-28-2006, 07:47 PM   #3
baplap
(female)

baplap HB User
Re: deep tissue shooting pains

not yet. My next appt with the neuro is on the 13th. I'll bring it up then. Yesterday, where I had the pain, my muscle was jumping later that day. Today, my right tricep felt so fatigued, I couldn't carry my coffee mug around work - had to switch hands just to hold it up.

Closed Thread