It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board

My experience with symtoms

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-28-2006, 06:24 AM   #1
purfik
(female)

purfik HB User
Unhappy My experience with symtoms

I noticed in some of the post that dizziness was mentioned. My neuro said it was very common in MS patients. I suffer with vertigo everyday. Some days it's mild and others it's aweful. On my bad days I couldn't walk a straight line to save my life. I'll walk into door frames, the furniture, trip alot, and walk sideways all day. I even get to the point where I laugh at myself because I could just imagine what I look like. Humor is a gift from God on those days. I also read in a post a question about the lenght of time that one suffers from a flare up. When I had my 1st flare up the day after Thanksgiving I loss the use of my right leg for three days then the feeling in it slowly returned. At 1st my leg would drag when I walked. Now I walk with a limp, somedays good somedays not so good. But I'm thankful just to be walking. As expected my doctor said every case is different. Some will bounce back and regain the use of their arm or leg or sight, and others may not. I go to bed at night thinking....as much as I hate this disease, I think it's better to become friends with it. If I'm kind to it, then it may return the favor. Wish you all the best and take care!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2006, 02:15 PM   #2
vlynncurtis
(female)

vlynncurtis HB User
Talking Re: My experience with symtoms

It was good to read your post. I too have vertigo problems; your words describes my experiences with it. One day in a store, I was pushing my shopping cart and I must have been weaving pretty bad. I didn't realize it until an older gentleman came up beside me and said if I was on the road with that cart I'd get a DUI. I thought it was funny. You're right you have to laugh, keep busy and not dwell on the negatives.

Vicki

Last edited by vlynncurtis; 03-01-2006 at 02:17 PM.

Closed Thread