It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board

who has used both avonex & rebif?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-10-2006, 08:11 AM   #1
Punkdizzle
Senior Veteran
(male)

Punkdizzle HB User
who has used both avonex & rebif?

If you have did you notice less intense flu/mental side effect with one or the other?

i was on rebif but the depression and flu side effect became to much to deal with.. i was using the 44mcg x 3 times a week.. when it all went to pot..

tried copaxone but my body hates it..

so my neuro suggested trying avonex since it is a smaller dose of the same med and just once a week.. he seems to think since i was not doing to bad on the 22mcg of rebif x3 a week that the lower dose of the avonex may work better for me.. i just dont want to feel sick 24/7 like i did on the 44 of rebif.. one or two days i can deal with... but not all the time..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2006, 02:15 PM   #2
LUV2DANCE2
(female)

LUV2DANCE2 HB User
Re: who has used both avonex & rebif?

I started with Avonex and after a few years went to Rebif. I take an Aleve with the injection and do not feel the flu-like symptoms. Same when I was on Avonex. If I forget to take the Aleve, I get the flu-like symptoms.

Old 03-14-2006, 12:20 PM   #3
Sharon Grace
(female)

Sharon Grace HB User
Re: who has used both avonex & rebif?

Hey PunkD! I know its kind of tough to find the right meds for you. I started on Avonex and used it for a few years. Took it on Friday night before bed with Advil or Aspirin and slept through most of it. I did frequently wake up about five to six hours after the shot with severe chills, but nothing that lasted all week. After a few years my flare ups were getting worse, so I switched to Rebif, but I could not tolerate the high dose. I felt sick all the time, but gave it nine months to see if I could adjust. I couldn't. Finally switched to Copaxone five months ago and so far so good. All you can do is try for a few months and see how it goes. Good luck!!! Sharon Grace

Closed Thread