It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board

Double Vision Double Vision I Need To Hear From Anyone

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2006, 07:44 PM   #1
ITSABOUTTIME
(female)

ITSABOUTTIME HB User
Double Vision Double Vision I Need To Hear From Anyone

PLEASE TELL ME YOUR STORY OF DOUBLE VISION. I REALLY NEED TO HEAR OTHERS. hOW LONG HAVE YOU HAD IT? DID YOU DO THE IV sTEROIDS?, ARE YOU WAITING IT OUT NOW FOR YOUR EYES TO GET BETTER?, ARE YOU WEARING PRISMS. hOW LONG TO YOU WAIT TO TRY THE OPTIONS AVAILABLE. i AM GOING NUTS.

JULIE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JULES

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2006, 07:21 PM   #2
Karen8550
(female)

Karen8550 HB User
Re: Double Vision Double Vision I Need To Hear From Anyone

I have all the same symptoms and have been bothered for 4 months. I had my first 3 day steroid treatment in Jan. and got slightly better and am starting a second one on Mon. I hope this goes away soon it is so uncomfortable. Good luck to you

Old 04-15-2006, 08:24 PM   #3
Nonie

Nonie HB User

Hello . I have had double vision when looking sideways for 6yrs. now . Just about a year ago , I went into a big flare & my double vision became frontal too . It was so bad , that riding in a car seemed like I was on a roller coaster . I would either have to close both of my eyes , or make sure I kept at least 1 of them closed at ALL times , or I just could not bear to ride in a car . I was hospitalized finally in July & put on the Solumederal treatments . That helped my double vision to go back to only the 'sides' . Now when I am tired or not feeling well , I will notice that I have to close 1 eye to watch TV . I have prisms built into my glasses & they help alot , unless I am having a bad day , then they dont help that much .

(((HUGS))) & GOD bless .

Much respect . Nonie

Old 04-16-2006, 06:53 AM   #4
ITSABOUTTIME
(female)

ITSABOUTTIME HB User

My double vision has gotten much better. the long distance vision is still alittle bit double.. It comes and goes. and if I turn my head a certain way I can see good. I was wondering if this is as good as it's going to get. When I am tired I notice it does get worse. Do you have any other symptoms along with your double vision. I have had some numbness of my skn. Also very weak muscles throughout my body. I wonder if this goes along with the lesion that was found in the brain stem.
Are you on Avonex?? I have been on it for 2 months now. The side effects have improved greatly. Just suffer from muscle aches for 1 day.

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE........ JULIE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
JULES

Old 04-16-2006, 07:50 AM   #5
Karen8550
(female)

Karen8550 HB User

I have weird brain shakiness. I am on Betaseron for 3 years now. I used to be on avonex. I am really hoping this solumedrol 3 day treatment will improve things finally. I used to take MS for granted because I rarely had anything feel bad but not now I will never take it for granted again.

Old 04-16-2006, 11:18 AM   #6
TamCazz
(female)

TamCazz HB User

Hi Jules,

Before I was ever diagnosed, I had double vision quite often - thought they were related to migraines. My prescriptions kept getting stronger each time I'd see the eye doctor. I also had a big blind spot in my right eye, and he couldn't figure out why. After going color blind and having severe pain in my right eye, I was diagnosed with Optic Neuritis and went on the IV Solumedrol. The IV was a couple of months ago, and I continue to have double/blurry vision daily. I drive 40 miles to work, and get so car sick on the way there and back. I work in an office, and also have a lot of trouble looking at the computer screen for very long. I have had one more episode of the color blindness since the IV, but it only lasted one day. I also have a couple of black spots that I see in my right eye. I am so new to this, I don't have any ideas for dealing with it. I see my doctor again this week and hope he can help. I know it is frustrating. Good luck to you.
Happy Easter.
Tammy

Old 04-16-2006, 08:36 PM   #7
evolution88
(male)

evolution88 HB User

Double Vision is what got me in the hospital and dx. It took me about two months to really get better, it was pretty good after a month.

Up to the minute I'm writing this, I've had no futher problems with DV.

Hopefully, that will not come back.

good luck.

Old 04-17-2006, 01:15 PM   #8
ITSABOUTTIME
(female)

ITSABOUTTIME HB User

I Went To The Neuro Today For A Follow Up Visit. Went Over How I Was Handling Avonex. I Am Doing Okay With It. The Double Vision Is Alot Better. My Only Problem Is When I Am Tire My Left Eye Muscle Seems Not To Work Very Good Causing A Small Amount Of Double Vision. . I Can't Believe It Has Taken 4 Months To Get Better. I Also Hope It Doesn't Come Back. It Is Not A Fun Thing To Go Through. No One Can Relate Unless They Experience It... Have You Had Ms Very Long. What Other Type Of Symptoms Have You Had.... Thank For Your Input Julie

JULES

Old 04-17-2006, 03:11 PM   #9
gaulty
(male)

gaulty HB User

how do

i had double vision for 13 months, a presim didnt help because it got more double as my body temp went up. as do alot off syptoms do.

that was during my diagnosis 4 years ago, its went away for 3 years no totally even when im training
It is really anoying because it hinders everything you go to do, but don't worry in almost all cases it will pass

in all cases off relapses i always look forward to getting better i find that the beast way to deal with it.

hope that helps. G.

p.s. you can also exercise you eyes! hold a finger up and force the bad eye to follow it across your line off vision, it may start to get sore if so stop and reast it, but repeat every day for 1 or 2 mins max.

like anything the more you use it the stronger it will become or at least stay!

Last edited by gaulty; 04-17-2006 at 03:18 PM.

Old 04-22-2006, 04:30 AM   #10
kimber lee
(female)

kimber lee HB User

Hello, i was dx with MS last july, my first symptom was severe double vision and dizzyness in one eye, well i thought i needed glasses, i never did anything about it, i really didnt care, i had just left my husband and caring about anything just wasnt in my plan, well anyway, the double vision went away then came back a year later, it got ridiculous so iwent to the hospital and i was diagnosed with m.s. ... they suggested steroids and i declined, they said the double vision will not be there permanently but i will relapse at any given time,
I declined all meds because i feel that opens a whole new can of worms and i feel the meds will just aggrivate the m.s. so i can live with it the way it is now, but let me let you in on a secret i miraculously discovered by accident.
I like looking through a microscope at gross stuff, ya know, weird junk ,
alll that, well anyway my microscope lite burned out oone nite and i wanted to see something so i took my little clip on book lite i got from the 99 cent store and shined it through the mirror in the scope through the lense so i could see my specimen and would you believe that that light shining through the scope lense up into my eye had bounced off my optic nereve and did some crazy thing and made me see normal again, so everytime i get double vision i shine that lite through the scope and TA DA!!!!! fixed , i guess i have to do it about every 3 months , pretty amazing huh? well you take care i wish you luck and good health, kimber lee

Closed Thread