It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board

What do you think?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-15-2006, 07:47 AM   #1
sistergldnhair
(female)

sistergldnhair HB User
What do you think?

I began having a numbness in my calf about six weeks ago. Over the next few weeks I noticed that sometimes my toes would get numb, and my arm and my hand and then parts of my face and tongue and a part of the back of my head. The actual numbness feels only on my right side of my body. Saturday I was out trying on sneakers and realized that I cannot flex my toes up on my right foot. I still cannot and it feels heavy on that side.

Sunday I noticed like a current type wave of pins and needles/numbness occasionally shooting down the right side.

A few times I've had to pee, and before I can I notice that it's already dribbling down my leg.

I went to my PCP on Monday and he is ordering an MRI which I am waiting for insurance to precert now.

What do you guys think?

Worried as all heck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2006, 09:47 AM   #2
purfik
(female)

purfik HB User
Re: What do you think?

Your symtoms are extremely similar to what I experienced. My right leg actually gave out on me the day after Thanksgiving 2005. I haven't experienced any bladder problems. I was dx'd 2 1/2 months ago with MS. ( my nuro didn't mess around and I got a speedy dx. MRI showed 3 brain lesions and spinal tap was positive. Just recently had MRI of upper and middle spine and will find out Friday if I have lesions there) I am now taking Rebif and so far I'm doing really good with the shots. Dosage is going up next shot so that may cause a change in side effects. My leg is still weak, sometimes to the point of feeling like it's dragging and I don't have that "grabbing" reflex with my toes and that drives me nuts. Wish you the best, take care.

Closed Thread