It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board

Symptoms Related To Recent Strep Infection? Please Help!!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-18-2006, 07:17 AM   #1
Burnt Bees
(female)

Burnt Bees HB User
Symptoms Related To Recent Strep Infection? Please Help!!

Hello everyone. Please forgive that this is a bit lengthy but I really need your opinions:
As some of you know I started my symptoms of blurred vision, tingling in extremities, tight cracking achy joints (ankles, wrists, fingers, jaw, neck), painful needle feeling under feet beginning of jan. I had an mri of the brain and c spine which came back negative, the opthalmologist examined me and said everything was normal, just extreme dry eye in the blurry eye.

Soo, after getting nowhere from a neurologist or opthalmologist, i decided to go to a rheumatologist, and she tested me for all kinds of arthritis, lupus, lyme disease, and different viruses/bacteria infections that could have maybe caused this. The results are in and she said I tested positive for a recent strep infection. Now the last time I had a bad sore throat was the beginning of december and I did not treat it with antibiotics. Then the beginning of january all this happened. Has anyone heard of lingering strep causing the body go haywire like this?? I am skeptical, as if I had this infection for almost 3 months I think i may have been very sick, not just out of whack as above symptoms describe. I am generally very healthy, follow an alternative lifestyle, take a lot of supplements, with about 5-10 thousand mg of vit c per day so my immune system usually wards off most winter illnesses.

I am wondering what I should do now-- lay off the doctors for a few weeks and see how I feel after taking the strep antibiotics she prescribed or seek further advice? I have a follow up appt with the rheumatologist next monday so I want to ask the right questions. I am also looking into seeing Dr. Martin Feldman, the best holistic neurologist in NYC, although a PRETTY PENNY I AM SURE.

Tha nks everyone,
Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread