It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board

Handwriting and MS a prob??

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-27-2006, 03:38 PM   #1
rhondabuzz
(female)

rhondabuzz HB User
Handwriting and MS a prob??

Hi Everyone

I have a quick question that maybe some of u have heard about and can offer info on. I hope so anyway. Since my symptoms first started..about a month ago...i've noticed more and more that my handwriting AND my typing has taken on a strange effect. I can write/type a word and i'll have all the right letters, but all jumbled up. Has anyone ever seen this with MS before?? It's gotten really bad. I don't even see that it's wrong til after i'm done writing/typing...til i go back and re-read it. I've learned to do that!

Thanks everyone!
rhonda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2006, 04:22 PM   #2
lilc
Senior Veteran
(female)

lilc HB User
Re: Handwriting and MS a prob??

LOL! It bugs me that this board has no spell-check, lets me post even when my typing is miserable!

Old 03-27-2006, 04:38 PM   #3
cals
(female)

cals HB User

I haven't been diagnosed with MS. But my rheumy is concerned about it. So who knows why I've been having problems with handwriting. It is awful. My hand also tires out easy. Can't write much before I get burning/cramping in my fingers. But when I'm trying to write I get shakey. Sometimes my hand will jerk and make a letter way bigger than the rest of my sloppy writing. It is annoying! I'm not the greatest typer....so no comment on that. lol

Old 03-27-2006, 04:42 PM   #4
1Thes518
(female)

1Thes518 HB User

I have only been having symptoms since the beginning of the month, and have not been diagnosed, but... my typing has gotten really bad. Actually I wonder if it is the connection between my brain and fingers. Also, when my symptoms are the worst, my handwriting is shaky, and my fingers get tired, like they are weak.

Old 03-27-2006, 05:18 PM   #5
StephanieAnne
Veteran
(female)

StephanieAnne HB User

Hi Rhonda
My writing is horrible, and I have to hold the pen straight up and down not resting on my hand like I used to, and to think of all that cursive [sp] writing that the nuns taught me in Elem school, and my hand cramps, it is frustrating.

I misspell all the time, I get the letters just not in the right order and I am finding that I think jumbled too.

Oh for spell check on this board that would be wonderful

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-27-2006, 05:48 PM   #6
rhondabuzz
(female)

rhondabuzz HB User

Hi All!

Thanks for all the helpful posts! It's good to know i'm not the only one who's seen this happen.

~StephanieAnne~ I'm glad u said that about thinking jumbled too...i do that too. Sometimes no matter how hard i try...i can't make people understand what i'm sayin...so i slow down and think it thru. Most of the time i also have probs thinkin of the right words. Like i tried to tell my daughter to hand me a lid to a cooking pot the other night..but the words that kept coming were like "hood, cover' roof"!! That's pretty aggrivating.

Thanks to u all...it's good to hear from u!
rhonda

Old 03-27-2006, 06:41 PM   #7
BlueJay67
(male)

BlueJay67 HB User

Hi Rhonda,

I used to have the best handwriting. Now I can barely read it myself sometimes. The worst is that I'm a medical transcriptionist. I jumble my letters like you would not believe. I'm making about 1/2 as much money as I used to because it takes me that much longer to type and then to run through spellcheck AND proofread for my own errors. I've asked my boss if I can just become a proofreader because I've gotten so good at it.

Jayson

Closed Thread