It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board

Need some input please.

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-05-2006, 08:44 AM   #1
JenBer
(female)

JenBer HB User
Need some input please.

I am not new to this board, but have not been on in a while. My husband had been seeing a neurologist for a couple of years and was being sent about every 6 months for either a CT or MRI. They were watching for leisons as my husband has had so many symptoms of MS. He quit going about a year ago as they never could find anything. He seemed to acutally be getting better, or just never complained. Now for about the last 2 months he has been in terrible pain in his lower back which is going into his side and stomach. He goes from constipation to diaherra, which has now lasted for 2 weeks. He is experincing numbness in his arms and legs and cannot hold his arms above his head for more then a second. Last week he came home and I really didn't know who he was. He was very mean and threating, very unlike my husband. I don't even think he remembers much. I am very confused, could he have MS? Are these signs of MS? I am trying to get him to go to the doctor again, but he feels it is a waste of time and he will feel better again. My question is for how long. If anyone has any insight it would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2006, 10:02 AM   #2
orngcrayon
(female)

orngcrayon HB User
Re: Need some input please.

Wow! that sounds really troubling! ...and complex to figure out! Not all of it is consistent with MS symptoms - diarrhea, and moodiness, for example. Although maybe the emotional frustration with his situation is to blame for that. But some of it is - tingling/numbness/muscle weakness. Pain isn't as common, but could be MS.

He definately needs to go see a doctor, especially with the aggression/bad mood stuff - that's going to make it hard on everyone around him to be supportive and understanding. Poor guy, I hope you get some answers soon!

Old 04-07-2006, 03:35 AM   #3
gib70
(female)

gib70 HB User

No, it might not be as common but pain is definitely a symptom of MS as I have chronic hip pain. What I read is that it's not so much that there is something actually causing the pain but that the MS is messing up the messages being sent to your brain so the brain interprets the mix ups as pain. Anyway, as far as the moodiness and diarrhea go, I just don't know. It might be that he's stressed and getting depressed. Even if it's not MS, it's more important than ever he see someone.

Old 04-11-2006, 10:29 AM   #4
sunshine149
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine149 HB User

Pain, diaherea and moodiness can all be MS symptoms.

Old 04-14-2006, 03:14 PM   #5
iluvsiamese
(female)

iluvsiamese HB User

I'd have another MRI if possible, Lesions in the frontal lobe cause cognitive problems, and if he didn't even know who he was one day... that's definately a problem. If you weren't happy with the Neuro he was seeing, I'd look for another. Just don't give up. memory problems such as you describe can be very dangerous, so for his own safety I would get back to the nueuro asap. Best of luck, and let us know if you find any answers.

Old 04-14-2006, 04:43 PM   #6
lilc
Senior Veteran
(female)

lilc HB User

I've actually had all of those problems. Whether or not they are all MS I don't know. But the moodiness/bad disposition is something I struggle with. It is frustrating to deal with the physical stuff, it sure can make me nasty.
I would urge you to get back to a doctor. And a different neuro may be the best plan.

Closed Thread