It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board

• Burning headache anyone?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-30-2006, 10:14 AM   #1
    JustDave4now
    Veteran
    (male)

JustDave4now HB User
    Burning headache anyone?

I am just curious if anyone has ever heard of a symptom for MS that causes an odd burning headach at the base of the skull, Just below the ears on the back side where the neck connects to the spine..

I have my LP comming up, but I have not seen this one. It doesn't pound like regular headache, but is uncomfortable, it also comes and goes. Unless it just stress headache, that could be it, but I never felt anything like this before, I notice when I get it, my balance gets worse.

Now i have had an MRI, so I know I don't have a tumor or anything, so I am thinking someone might have had this before...

My Doc is still thinking Turrets, but I have gone over turrets and my symptoms, and they don't match. I am still thinking MS, its just matches too much.

Anyone get that besides me?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2006, 12:20 AM   #2
    lgr014
    (female)

lgr014 HB User
    Re: Burning headache anyone?

Hi Dave,

I haven't gotten so much of a burning sensation as a horrible dull / stabbing type pain in that same area. When it hits it is so awful it can actually bring me to my knees almost!

Old 12-31-2006, 11:07 PM   #3
    Jenny R.
    Inactive
    (female)

Jenny R. HB User
    Re: Burning headache anyone?

Hi Dave,

I am not diagnosed with MS, but am in the process of elimination. I know exactly what you mean by the "burning" headache. I get it on the left side of my head, it feel like someone is twisting the muscles in the back of your skull, it burns and throbs. It is very hard to describe. It is made worse by movement also. I do have a bulging disk at C-3 C-4, my neuro feels that my neck problems are contributing to what he calls this as a "migraine." But just wanted to let you know, I know all about the "burning". Ice makes mine worse, I use a heating pad, rolled like a jelly roll, and place it right at the base of my skull. I also get nausea with this pain when it gets real bad. Motrin 800mg, every 4 hours usually helps alot. Hope this helps, sorry for your pain, it is truly awful. Happy New Year!!!

Closed Thread