It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board

• long time to heal?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-15-2007, 07:59 PM   #1
    SRSuper
    (female)

SRSuper HB User
    Question long time to heal?

Question- does anyone else notice that small cuts and scrapes, bruises and such take a little bit longer to heal? than other folks would, or than you did before?
    I cut myself shaving (woohoo spasms!) WEEKS AGO. double razor slice. if you slice off a leg (my right one, for example) right below the kneecap, and look into it, it'd be a 9:00 cut.
    At first, i was thinking "ok, its a razor cut. they bleed forever and take forever to heal"
    lots of bacitracin, some good bandaging and airing out, not to moist, not to dry....

then i was thinking "ok, its in a spot that moves around a lot. itll probably be red and gaping for a while..."

its been more than 3 weeks!!! it doesnt open and bleed anymore, thank god, but there definitely is a nice little dip where the deepest razor got me, and it looks like its overtop of a bruise...?
    anyone else take forever to heal from the stupid little things now? is this a product of what? auto-immunity? i eat pretty well- no vitamin deficiencies.... ack!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2007, 10:33 AM   #2
    LaLady
    Inactive
    (female)

LaLady HB User
    Re: long time to heal?

I always look like I am abused. My skin is paper thin and I frequently bleed if I bump my hand reaching into the washer. If one of my cats comes near, I look like I am hemorrhaging.

And then I am a "picker" as my dermatologist calls it. I convince myself that if I take that little scab off, the wound will look SO much better. ha!

I kind of went off the track, but yes, I heal slowly and I guess we can blame that on MS, too.

Old 02-19-2007, 01:54 PM   #3
    sunshine149
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sunshine149 HB User

I don't know, I haven't noticed that for myself but could it be a side effect from one of the medications you might be taking?

Old 02-19-2007, 03:53 PM   #4
    SRSuper
    (female)

SRSuper HB User

i wish. no meds tho.

Old 02-19-2007, 04:51 PM   #5
    duttin
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User

I have bruises and cuts they take forever to heal.

I blame the MS.

Well right now I blame the prednisone,but before that I blamed the MS.

Old 02-19-2007, 09:17 PM   #6
    SRSuper
    (female)

SRSuper HB User

LOL
    there ya go :-) when in doubt, prednisone takes the blame. love it.

Old 02-20-2007, 05:22 AM   #7
    mnewhall
    (female)

mnewhall HB User

Hi! I'm undx'd at this time. Doc feels 95% sure it's MS. All MRIs clear and LP clear.

I notice that cuts and such take a long time to heal and so do bruises. I also get bruises and don't remember getting hurt. Had one show up on my butt and underneath my forearm at the same time! It's crazy! I just don't remember bumping into anything or hitting it on something. I'm not on anything other than a multi-vitamin, Flexeril and Motrin.

Hope this is of some help.

God Bless,
    Michelle

Old 02-20-2007, 06:42 AM   #8
    lilguy56
    (female)

lilguy56 HB User

Yepe, glad to know that I'm not the only one. I noticed cuts that I didn't know were there, and they take quite a while to heal. I've got one on my behind thats been there for over a year and its just healing up. I'm not taking anything but neurotin. Also, I like to go barefoot and if I step on something it hurts real bad and for a long time,sometimes I get something like an electrical shock.

Closed Thread