It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board

• buckling knee

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-07-2007, 09:19 AM   #1
    kozzleme
    (female)

kozzleme HB User
    buckling knee

24 years using just a walking stik for balance---now I'm using a walker and walking slower than a snail
    right side has always been weak-- no reactions to many of the nero tests----this is left side I seem to be dragging left leg when I stand on it the knee buckles I just cant't trust myself went mri and am waiting for dx ---MY dx is I just sprained my back and need CHIRO
    has anyone had a buckling knee and lower back pain????
    thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-07-2007, 10:52 AM   #2
    willo1980
    Veteran
    (female)

willo1980 HB User
    Re: buckling knee

My knees (something knees) buckle when I stand sometimes. They also do it sometimes when I'm walking or try to pick up my speed. I don't have back pain, though. I do have a slipped disk in my back but when that presses a nerve I'm usually bedridden with a heating pad and muscle relaxers. Moving is too excrutiating. Hope it turns out to be just a back problem a few chiro visits can solve. Good luck.

Old 06-07-2007, 11:47 AM   #3
    Bearygood
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Bearygood HB UserBearygood HB User

Lower back pain could be due to compression on a nerve on your spine and not MS related. In terms of the knee buckling, really hard to say. It could be possible from your brain not communicating with that body part but again, unto itself wouldn't necessarily be an MS symptom. Years ago when I was getting into a cab, my knee buckled out from under me for no apparent reason and I sprained a ligament. In retrospect, was this MS? Hard to know for sure but it's possible it was just plain old stress and how I was getting into the cab.

Last edited by Bearygood; 06-07-2007 at 11:47 AM.

Old 06-13-2007, 10:46 AM   #4
    kozzleme
    (female)

kozzleme HB User

Still using walker and knee still giving in &out
    MRI shows NO flare up-- guess AVONEX is working
    went to pcare dr.-- dx siatica nerve (probably over did in garden)waiting for X_RAYS of lower back and knee
    treatrment hot and cold compress on back and a massage doesnt think chiro would help but rec phys therpy
    waiting 4 xrays--- U would think having MS would be enough

Old 06-13-2007, 03:31 PM   #5
    bella67
    Veteran
    (female)

bella67 HB User

I've had problems with my knee and ankles. The worst is the stairs. If i'm not paying attention I can plant my foot down and realize it's not gonna hold me up. Two years ago I tore all the ligaments in my ankle with this happening. I just assumed I had weak ankles. But the pain was nothing I ever felt before. I thought my foot was gonna rip off!! My foot did a complete 90 degree bend under the ankle as I walked down my front stairs. Which is bad enough, but it was while i was taking my autisitc son down my front steps to his bus. Luckily the driver came to my aid and helped me in the house. I had to walk my other son to school the next day too because I had no car, and wonderful hubby said he couldn't take off work.

Ahhh the memories!

Old 06-30-2007, 09:13 AM   #6
    kozzleme
    (female)

kozzleme HB User

AND YES the saga goes on!!! 6-30 still buckling knee---phys therapy ened yesterday---finally recieved a face to face with NERO and he deducted leision on spine 3-days of IV steroid
    pat

Old 07-02-2007, 06:34 AM   #7
    granny smith
    (female)

granny smith HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bearygood View Post
    Lower back pain could be due to compression on a nerve on your spine and not MS related. In terms of the knee buckling, really hard to say. It could be possible from your brain not communicating with that body part but again, unto itself wouldn't necessarily be an MS symptom. Years ago when I was getting into a cab, my knee buckled out from under me for no apparent reason and I sprained a ligament. In retrospect, was this MS? Hard to know for sure but it's possible it was just plain old stress and how I was getting into the cab.
    I have the same symptoms including lower back pain which usually is at its worst when i wake in the morning that could be 5 am and the only relief i get is to get out of bed the day is long enough when u cant walk i am going to try acupuncture on my back hope it might relieve pain

Old 04-23-2008, 06:20 PM   #8
    cboshers
    (male)

cboshers HB User

I have a very strange case of Knee Buckling. Info. 76 years old, taking 85 mg of diuretics daily to keep from retaining fluid, oxygen therapy, using a nebulizer 2 3 times daily. COPD, CHF, shortness of breath, but no pain anywhere except night time leg cramps. My knees have buckled on several occasions in the last 4 months resulting in 3 falls. The oddity is this always happens while I am answering the call of the diuretics or on the way to do so. Anyone able to help this little o boy? cb

Old 04-23-2008, 09:35 PM   #9
    Bearygood
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Bearygood HB UserBearygood HB User

Hi, cboshers. I'm guessing that a search for buckled knee brought you here...
    It's really not a symptom that unto itself screams MS even though as you can read in the posts below, some of us have experienced it. I'm sorry don't have any ideas for you but I wish you luck and hope you feel better soon!

Closed Thread