It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board

• neuro says im just nuts

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-24-2007, 07:02 PM   #16
    Blessed4Life
    Veteran
    (female)

Blessed4Life HB User
    Re: neuro says im just nuts

My doctor didn't say I was nuts. She just said "I can't see anything" and looked at me with this look that said "I'm done. Get out." I cannot tell you how many times I have left her office and cried. The last visitwhen she said to come back when there was something visibly wrong, I told her that I knew coming to see her was a waste of my time. She then became somewhat sympathetic and said lets just keep a close look and call me if anything changes. Instead of leaving there sad, I left mad. Especially because she refused to order another MRI when I hadn't had one in over a year.

Best of luck to you!
    Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2007, 07:34 AM   #17
    AggrevatedinSD
    (female)

AggrevatedinSD HB User

Hi, it's been awhile since this post...
    I do have an appt coming sometime within the next 2 months at Mayo Clinic.
    The shrink said that she could not find anything mentally or emotionally wrong with me, so the Prozac was not needed. She was actually shocked that I was on it! So...I guess that will be next. The other thing she was shocked about is the spinal tap took 24 hours to get back...most take 5 days because of the IgG testing they do. So she said her opinion was, they missed something. I have never had an MRI of my spine, but if it were to look like the one from 05 June, there is definitely something missed! You are not too far away. My neuro in SF said that all of my symptoms were stress related...after $7,554.22 in medical bills! I really do appreciate all of the advice, and thoughts...I have to wonder sometimes if there is a doc that will listen to anything. I've learned alot...Thank you to all...Theresa

Old 07-26-2007, 08:02 AM   #18
    topsy123
    (female)

topsy123 HB User

As one person said to me on this site, "It is all in your head", thats what MS is!!...I do have white spots on my brain, I do have a positive lumbar puncture, but they still wont diagnose, so god knows how you will get an answer. I think neuros think we want MS, this is definatly not the case, however when the facts are staring you rite in the face its difficult to just sit there and accept being told "its all in your head", or maybe you should see a shrink. These are people who have life changing symptoms, it affects everyday life both physically and emotionaly. If the bottom line is that some of us dont have MS, then an understanding bedside manner and reasonable explanation wouldnt go amiss. I couldnt possibly make up my symptoms if I tried and I certainly dont choose to feel unwell. My heart goes out to everyone who has to endure this attitude from neuros, I understand only to well how frustrating and angry it can make you feel. I intend to find the answer to my problems, whether it be MS or some other illness, I hope you will find answers too. Dont give up and good luck...Topsy123

Closed Thread