It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board

• Pars Planitis...another symptom

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-26-2007, 08:06 AM   #1
    AggrevatedinSD
    (female)

AggrevatedinSD HB User
    Pars Planitis...another symptom

Has anyone heard of pars planitis? It was suggested that I have steroid injections in the lower lid to reduce the inflammation therefore reducing the pain. I am not real enthused with the idea of someone coming at me with a
    2" needle right for my eyes! I can understand the theory behind it, but there must be a better way of doing this...
    Theresa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2007, 10:05 AM   #2
    MomEof3
    (female)

MomEof3 HB User
    Re: Pars Planitis...another symptom

Hi Theresa,
    I'm sorry for what you are going through. It doesn't sound like much fun. I do nt have any answers for you because I have never heard of it, but I was wondering what your symptoms of this are? I'm having some eye issues and trying to figure out whats going on with them. My ins doesn't cover vision, therefore I haven't been to an eye Dr yet. I hope things turn out good for you. Have a great day!

Old 07-27-2007, 12:17 AM   #3
    AggrevatedinSD
    (female)

AggrevatedinSD HB User
    Re: Pars Planitis...another symptom

Hi,
    I have severe pain in both eyes about mid-point on the upper side. It can cause dry irritated eyes, blurred vision, and headache...right between the eye brow (sp) area and can turn to a migraine. Eye movement hurts and feels like a sharp spear going through the eye at the top. I'm usually o.k. in the morning, but within an hour of being up it's back. I've been putting off injections for 2 1/2 years for obvious reasons, I just keep thinking, there has to be another way. The OTC anti-inflammatories don't cut it...like Tylenol. The first time this happened was when I had a bad fibro flare. The second time, over worked, and every so often it flares up. Nothing new, however, the ophthomologist said since there are "snowballs" that it's going on again. You can look it up for more info by just typing in "pars planitis".
    Good luck! Theresa

Closed Thread