It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board

Had the Spinal Tap!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-07-2007, 07:35 PM   #1
swig HB User
Had the Spinal Tap!

I just wanted to thank all of you who sent such kind words to me and eased my mind enough to have the tap done. I had it on Wednesday with a radiologist and he did use the xray throughout. My anxiety was worse than the procedure. I didn't get up at all and sipped on soda. I did have a bad headache the next day, but it wasn't unbearable. My back is still sore today and I guess that would be normal. So, I just wanted to say, I did it and thank you for your support! Now I am just waiting for the results.

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 12-07-2007, 08:08 PM   #2
MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: Had the Spinal Tap!

Congratulations in overcoming your obstacle! I wish you well and hope you can relax enough while awaiting your results.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:10 AM   #3
MS for life
MS for life HB User

This was good to hear, I'm waiting for the call back with when I am going to have to have mine. She forgot to give me the paperwork on the procedure when I was in the office, so I am going to have her fax it, but a question on the caffeine. I usually limit my caffeine intake to a couple cups of coffee in the morning only, due to having Mitral Valve Prolaspe and getting palpitations. How much caffeine are you guys recommending, as on the occasions I do have it (even chocolate later in the day) my body seems to overreact to it, and I have much difficulties sleeping (along with the palpitations). I guess I could get a good book and watch TV all night (or finish Christmas cards) but I don't want to be bouncing off the wall and not able to get up either. However, I DO NOT want to get the headaches if at all possible. Thanks in advance.

Old 12-11-2007, 10:43 AM   #4
swig HB User

I too am very sensitive to caffeine. They told me to take something for headache after, my choice. I asked if Excedrin Migraine was alright because that is what I normally take for headaches and they said yes. So I took one of those which contains caffeine and I had an orange soda throughout the day. If you have trouble with caffeine then don't overdue it. I would think your couple cups of coffee would be fine. Good luck, I'm sure it will all turn out fine.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:53 PM   #5
lynn40 HB User

So glad to hear your procedure went well. I know there is a lot of anxiety associated with this. I'm glad it is all behind you now. Let us know when you hear the results.

Best wishes,

Old 12-12-2007, 03:52 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
cindys601 HB User

They explained to me, that caffiene stimulated the brain to produce more fluid in your spine. The most you can consume, the better!!

Good luck

Closed Thread